pics of daily riders?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ride daily but I don't have a "daily rider" because I will often end up riding a different bike every day of the week :)

Lately though I have found myself riding this one a lot:
2557854176_74f7a19b3f.jpg

It's a early 90's Schwinn Frontier that I got for free from a co-worker, who thought it would need a lot of work. All it needed was to be cleaned and have air pumped into the tires. It's actually really comfortable for a mountain bike, a good hill-climber (and I got some hills!), and it's one of two bikes I own with mounts for a water bottle cage, which allows me to use the iHome bicycle iPod speaker I recently purchased. Also, I can make 80% of the ride to and from work with NO HANDS! If it wasn't for stops and a couple hills I would do it the whole way with my hands in my pockets.

My regular rider when it's rainy:
2273128928_fc106f459c.jpg

a Ross Chimera hybrid, this was my roomate's last year, and I was borrowing it every day to ride the two miles to the print factory where I worked then. That was the point where I was reminded how much fun it was to ride a bike (for the first time since I was a teenager), and after this bike got hit by a car (resulting in a busted rear wheel), I got more serious about road safety and installed lights and a mirror. I bought my roomate a $20 raleigh roadie on CL to replace his busted bike but eventually got it fixed myself, and installed fenders for rainy days. This one I can also ride no-handed for great distances.

This guy sees a lot of action too:
2281455150_ffb9604e02.jpg

77 Zebrakenko Storm, found at a yard sale in my hometown for $10. It's good for flying to work when I am running late. I can also ride this one no-handed, but I have to be cautious with the number of potholes on my route.

But I have also commuted on a couple of my more stylish bikes:
2439792149_47532992d9.jpg

(try to guess which one is mine)

2536001816_745129a073.jpg

I would ride the single speeds to work more often (Like I was doing last fall in downtown Rochester NY before I relocated) if it wasn't for the hills. Oh those hills, how they mock me! Luckily though, I am turning two of my SpaceLiners into 3 speeds, so soon these shall become my daily riders:

2555726188_a49e5a7090.jpg

2563326493_f373cc4291.jpg

by the way, I take all the money I save on car insurance and gas and all that other stuff that goes along with owning a car, and I put that money right back into my bicycle addiction! And I still haven't spent more on my bicycles (all of them, combined) than I did on any 1 of the 6 cars I have owned in my life. I should have skipped the car-owning phase and just stuck with my bicycle in the first place.

on a last minute whim I decided to ride this to work today:
2575009052_ff30c7b599.jpg

that last minute whim resulting in 10 minutes over moving all of my gadgets over from the bike I rode yesterday. But it was so worth it, especially because I was blasting some Herbie Hancock from the speaker the whole way there. Turns out the Stealth Bomber is not so stealth in the daylight. Kinda sticks out like a sore thumb.
2574189847_ef7da89442.jpg

Back