Pics from Aug 4 Corn Festival Parade+Retirement Home Visit

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwm

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunday morning, still cool and gray. Everything in the yard is dewy, and after spending all of yesterday hiding in the bushes Buddy the cat is glad to have his little domain all to himself again. He hops up on the strange tables, and gives all of the chairs a good sniff. Content that nothing in the remnants of the party need further exploration he trots across the yard and curls up on the chair next to me. Everything's OK, and I'm forgiven for stirring up his little world yesterday, and filling his whole yard full of bicycles, and strange people.
...., it was fun. But I'm still beat. Too tired to be up at five in the morning, that's for sure. But it's cool and quiet, and I can still feel the glow. I may go back for a snooze, but for right now, it's good to sit here, and reflect on yesterday.
The Corn Festival Parade, the visit to Park Regency retirement, and the party afterwords made for a full day. Let's look at some of the pictures-

DSCF0614.JPG

I like this part of a ride the best: waiting, watching everyone arrive, greetings, last minute bike adjustments, and the anticipation- it's all exciting.

Unfortunately, my group pic came out awful. I hope someone else can post a better one.

Waiting at the staging area- we were right behind the Pirate Adventure theme restaurant show.
DSCF0621.JPG

DSCF0622.JPG

After the parade we cruised through old La Habra on our way back to the house. We regrouped, and rode back down to Park Regency Retirement Center. I wasn't sure how well this was going to go. Actually, I did not anticipate anything like the reception we received. To put it mildly, we were a big hit. Later I spoke with the activities director, and she was delighted. There's just something about a cool bike that lights up the bad boy in all of us at every age. Don't ever think you're going outgrow it, my friends.

Jason Holmes definitely made some peoples' day, Saturday. Small town parades seldom run smoothly, and when we stalled, Jason had some of the kids from the crowd running up to get a sit on his most outrageous of bikes. Those kids are all going back to school with a seriously cool tale to tell the other kids. ..."yeah, he was this big biker dude on this huge b-adass chopper, and he just let me run right out into the parade and sit on it, and everything!"
But that's nothing compared to what went on over at Park Regency. I'll let the pictures tell the story.
DSCF0627.JPG

She couldn't get out of the wheelchair, but she was determined to get a pic on that chopper.

PICT0012.JPG

My Mom and her friend Carl on my Spoiler
mom1.jpg

carl1.jpg

I just love this sequence. I asked what bike she'd like to try. We had these beautiful 50's Monarks, the fine old Schwinns, Ryan's Pee Wee bike, but she wanted to get on the baddest thing we had rolling:
PICT0016.JPG

PICT0017.JPG

PICT0019.JPG

PICT0021.JPG

PICT0013.JPG

Jason and Troy getting us staged.
PICT0023.JPG

PICT0024.JPG

"Give us your best tough guy look"

PICT0026.JPG

Thank you all so very much for coming out for the day. We had a great time, and a whole lot of other folks had a great day because of it. We did Good, my friends.
( I hope we get some more pics posted in the thread.)

Look forward to seeing everyone next week for the regular second Saturday So Cal Rat Rod Ride:
logo.jpg

JWM

Re: Aug 4 Corn Festival Parade Ride+ Retirement Home Visit

good times john, so happy to have been able attend the parade and after party with everyone ...great folks to ride with, and I hope you continue the ride, I will show up if I don't have to work..... thanks a bunch! :)

Those are some special moments you guys created. Thank you! My world is a better place just knowing that I'm sharing it with you.

And Steve aka "Rat Rod", all bunnies aside... Thank you too!

That my friends was an awesome time!!

Funny side note about "young" lady in white from pic sequence from Park Regency..."I was a dancer..I can get my leg over this thing..no problem!" :lol: :lol:

Not every day one can say you rode in a parade! 8)

Thanks John and Mary for your hospotality, and 4 puttin all this together!!

See yall sat(i hope?).

that looks like an awesome time. Great pictures and great bikes.

Back