Picked Up Two Ladies in Town This Afternoon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Pretty decent local finds, 3.6mi from the house, made one heck of a package deal for them.

Serial says 1960, F02149, but everything about the bike says earlier. I don't know, she'll make great parts for another project though.

b5a63bcd.jpg

And, this NICE 1956 Corvette. Bike is dirty from a barn but should clean up nicely! This one will remain whole, it's 100% original/complete.

2dc1a703.jpg

Tailwinds said:
Pretty decent local finds, 3.6mi from the house, made one heck of a package deal for them.

Serial says 1960, F02149, but everything about the bike says earlier. I don't know, she'll make great parts for another project though.

b5a63bcd.jpg

Yours is actually a '52 It would have 6 digits after the letter if it was 1960 The o is actually a zero. :wink:

http://www.angelfire.com/rant/allday101 ... odes3.html

I only know because it looks very similar to my '54 Schwinn Wasp But my serial is L51737 with a star on the dropout.
PA270187.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
What's with everybody finding Schwinns lately?

I'll take all I can get. Now if I could find a few from prior to Doube-U-Double-U-Two

Having a really tough time with the Schwinn Date codes lately..... I went back and tried it again and found it. I also discovered there's a problem with the way I search those records, I use the 'Command-F' function to scan the serial #'s, I used to many search criteria, 'F02' and it bypassed 1952 completely.

Tailwinds said:
outskirtscustoms said:
What's with everybody finding Schwinns lately?

I'll take all I can get. Now if I could find a few from prior to Doube-U-Double-U-Two

Having a really tough time with the Schwinn Date codes lately..... I went back and tried it again and found it. I also discovered there's a problem with the way I search those records, I use the 'Command-F' function to scan the serial #'s, I used to many search criteria, 'F02' and it bypassed 1952 completely.

You and me both, I currently have 3 Schwinns a '54, '58, and a '68. I'd love to find a few pre-war Schwinns though. Schwinn numbers can be tricky at times. I've owned so many over the years I can pretty well spot what it is.

It looks to me like the seat that is on the Corvette came off of the '52. I'd be looking for a blue boys frame for those Corvette parts. :wink: Gary

B607 said:
It looks to me like the seat that is on the Corvette came off of the '52. I'd be looking for a blue boys frame for those Corvette parts. :wink: Gary

That's EXACTLY what I thought and asked the owner if the bikes were bought together, she said they came from totally separate auctions. That seat is essentially WHY I bought the Corvette..... then I came home, checked the 1956 catalog and referred to other '56 middle weights, turns out that's the CORRECT seat for that Corvette, I learn something new everyday.
Like Cman mentions above, the girls Corvettes were only made for the first few years, although I always look to turn girls bikes into boys bikes I don't think I want to give this one a sex change, I think those girls Corvettes are in shorter supply. Unless someone has a nice blue boys Corvette frame laying around... :D

Back