picked these up yesterday

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drove to Cameron Missouri to pick these up from a buddy yesterday. He met me halfway
001-Copy2.jpg

002-Copy4.jpg

005-Copy2.jpg

006-Copy.jpg

003-Copy3.jpg

004-Copy2.jpg

Neat stuff. Now show us more of the old Dodge truck with Chevy rear fenders.Thanks

65rat, I meant no offence by asking about the truck. I'm a ratrod trucker myself. I have a 56 Ford F100 with a 472 Caddy engine and Volare front suspension that I drive daily. I also have a 55 Studebaker halfton that I put on a Dodge Dakota frame.I'm planning a ratrod bike build to "match" each of the trucks. :)

That first bike is R.A.D Rad! Straight downtubes are the key to my heart. What a dope-azz bike.

The camelback Speedster and Stardust are great finds also.

thom said:
65rat, I meant no offence by asking about the truck. I'm a ratrod trucker myself. I have a 56 Ford F100 with a 472 Caddy engine and Volare front suspension that I drive daily. I also have a 55 Studebaker halfton that I put on a Dodge Dakota frame.I'm planning a ratrod bike build to "match" each of the trucks. :)
We have a 55 chevy truck with a volare front suspension, and a 53 Studebaker truck

Sweet bikes!

The Schwinn HD, what's the difference between the light, mid, and heavys? How do you tell the difference between them? Wondering what mine is.

Heavy-Duti is a model, like Typhoon or Sting ray. When speaking of heavyweights vs. middleweights, heavyweight generally means older multi-bar frame w/plenty of room for big balloons, middleweights are narrower w/usually just enough room for 2.125 tires, but come w/narrower sheet metal and 1.75"'s. The difference in the weight of the bike is minimal, although heavyweights can be viewed as having a greater load capacity. Lightweights are skinny tired bikes without cantilever, or lower bars(tube). I believe, but am not absolutely certain, that a Heavy-Duti model is classified as a middleweight.

Latest posts

Back