picked some from a mother load

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Drove 150 miles in the rain last night to pick through a barn find of bikes.

got some 20"ers,a Huffy BMX, and the following finds, all somewhat rusted, most should clean up.

IMG_1529.jpg

Goodyear Highway Patrol badged Columbia 3 speed.

IMG_1538.jpg

unknown brand JC Penny badged ladies 10 speed,got it for the nice pedals and eye-stabber levers.

IMG_1528.jpg

Phillips ladies 3 speed, Sturmey Archer hub.neat chainring.

IMG_1539.jpg

Schwinn Twinn frame, 5 speed

IMG_1522.jpg

Ross frame & fork

IMG_1530.jpg

Huffy 5 speed twist grip shift, first one I've owned, Lark W deraileur

IMG_1534.jpg

24" Raleigh Rampar ladies 3 speed. good muscle bike parts or ?, Sturmey Archer again.

IMG_1524.jpg

my favorite - Hercules 24" camelback frameset ( more like bike without wheels),nice shape, and the Rampar 24" bike cranks should fit ? ( don't think Raleigh had special arm sizes.just threads in the BB ? )

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

and this Shelby Speedway Special frame, one seat stay has a small bend / dent that I think will pull out nicely, this would be a nice RRBO frame.have not decided yet.

good haul methinks, long drive but you never find hoards anymore.

Awesome finds, I like that Schwinn Twinn. But I would (Had 3 in the last month still have 2) I also notice it has the frame mounted shifter like my 1970 had, my '79 has the stem mounted shifter and my '65 is a single speed.

outskirtscustoms said:
Awesome finds, I like that Schwinn Twinn. But I would (Had 3 in the last month still have 2) I also notice it has the frame mounted shifter like my 1970 had, my '79 has the stem mounted shifter and my '65 is a single speed.

This one is an ' HD ' , so August 1968 .

Probabally going to part it, since I don't have the parts. Need the headbadge for my , coindedentally HD code Lil Chik ( I know, early ones are not date stamped but ned one and neat it's same year bike, :) )

Green Dragon said:
outskirtscustoms said:

This one is an ' HD ' , so August 1968 .

Probabally going to part it, since I don't have the parts. Need the headbadge for my , coindedentally HD code Lil Chik ( I know, early ones are not date stamped but ned one and neat it's same year bike, :) )

Cool, if shipping wasn't so outrageous I'd consider getting the whole thing. How is the chrome on both cranks and sprockets? What would you want for them? Mine on my '79 are a little rough.

scott brownsey said:
sweet shelby frame

Thanks .

The guy said he crushed most of the skiptoth stuff because it was ' too far gone to save' . :(

He pulled out a large pile of very rusty skiptooth sprockets he had saved ( very rough and not for sale ), so who knows what got smushed .

Green Dragon said:
scott brownsey said:
sweet shelby frame

Thanks .

The guy said he crushed most of the skiptoth stuff because it was ' too far gone to save' . :(

He pulled out a large pile of very rusty skiptooth sprockets he had saved ( very rough and not for sale ), so who knows what got smushed .

Stuff like that makes me sad. :(

That Huffy has an unusually tall frame (for a Huffy). Those 5 speeds were pretty heavily advertised in the late 60s.

Back