PHOTOS FROM THE HOOD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do so much photography for so many people I never do any projects for myself. The photos here are the result of a photo project I did for myself. Cruising around Long Beach NY I notice all types of people on their bikes. It inspired me to do this project I called "LOCAL MOTION". Once I had a good amount of images I did a solo photo expo at LOCAL CYCLES, LONG BEACH NY. Sic NIck (the owner of this local bike shop) was cool enough to allow me to hang my photos in his shop. The show was July 31st 2010. Some of my photos are still hanging in his shop. There will be an addition to this show called "MORE LOCAL MOTION". There are so many more bikes to photograph, I've already started the second leg of this show. Sic Nick custom build a stretch cruiser for "LIL JOE". Joe is a midget, a very cool dude, and very happy to be part of "MORE LOCAL MOTION" Joe & his custom is the first photo taken for "MORE LOCAL MOTION"
The project was intense fun, the opening night of the show was a party! Big thanks to Sic Nick-Local Cycles Long Beach NY for the use of his shop. Hope you enjoy the photos!
2b4eca2c.jpg

62d1f41d.jpg

d1f41d.jpg[/img]
dc24e910.jpg

2340d6c4.jpg

df54a867.jpg

ec90a7b8.jpg

7a3f25c9.jpg

75647171.jpg

a0d73e80.jpg

c4a65a31.jpg

d60e30d0.jpg

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee484/bennymax/RAT%20ROD%20ALBUM/62d1f41d.jpg[/IMG}
[img]http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee484/bennymax/RAT%20ROD%20ALBUM/0e8dcd95.jpg
fa2c045c.jpg

e0346c1b.jpg

c3fd0f92.jpg

294b4088.jpg

Wow. Those photos are great.

Nice pics, and I can vouch for the people at Local Cycles. They're good folk. :D

I really like how you added the Grandma & kids in with the rest of the usual suspects.....very nice!

Hey Anthony, have you ever gone on the Cyclone Coaster ride first Sunday of every month? I try to make it as often as possible. if yo go maybe we can talk, I can't live without either bikes or photography :lol:
img_3420.jpg

37fleetwood said:
Hey Anthony, have you ever gone on the Cyclone Coaster ride first Sunday of every month? I try to make it as often as possible. if yo go maybe we can talk, I can't live without either bikes or photography :lol:
img_3420.jpg
Cyclone Coaster Ride? Clue me in......what's it all about? Where is it?

Fe2O3 said:
I really like how you added the Grandma & kids in with the rest of the usual suspects.....very nice!
That Grandma..........sorry, Great Grandma is 96 years old, missing a finger, walks with a walker, still cruising her trike on the boardwalk. One of the happiest people I've ever met. A feisty old bird too!

oops! who's idea was that I'd like to know!
icon_rofl.gif

It never even crossed my mind that there were 2 Long Beaches!!
confused2.gif
well if you're ever in Southern California let me know and you can see the other Long Beach.

37fleetwood said:
oops! who's idea was that I'd like to know!
icon_rofl.gif

It never even crossed my mind that there were 2 Long Beaches!!
confused2.gif
well if you're ever in Southern California let me know and you can see the other Long Beach.
Quite possible Scott. My bother lives in L.A. The next time I'm in SoCal I'll bring one of my bikes & we'll cruise!

wynntats said:
love the surf board rack!! good job on the project
That cat is a local surfer. He builds those surfboard trailers out of broken jogging strollers, beach chairs, & 20" bicycles. Then he gives them away to whoever wants one. He has a hitch on the back on his bike to tow it.....he can put six surf boards on one of those home made trailers.

Back