PhilCo floor radio restoration

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided to use this Christmas break to restore this floor radio, i dont know how i will do because i dont know a ton about electronics but im excited, its fun diving into this blind like i did the first time i took apart my bicycle when i was 9, any mistake i make will be a learning expirience.
IMG_1040.jpg

my parents got this at a garage sale years ago, it sat in our livingroom for a couple years then it went into their guestroom and a birdcage sat on top of it, my mom told me she didnt want it anymore so i took it. I dont have to many plans for it other than get it cleaned up and running and if possible hook up a cord so that i can run my mp3 player through it.
IMG_1041.jpg

the fabric net was not original, my mom hot glued it to it after she got it, i decided to go with burlap...
IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

this is all i have done so far, if you have any advice or websites i should check out for more insight i would greatly appreciate it.

Cool project As far as the electronics go if nothing else works you could always update it to play cd's or MP3. I used to have one (back when I had a garage) that modded with a battery charger wired to a car CD player mounted on the front, small amp, and some leftover speakers I had.

Back