Phat Lost Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
traded a Murray frame for this frame. Quite rusty. DA sanded,primed,sealed, then Blue Metalflake and clear topcoat. Ebay seat purchase. Swap meet tires and apes. Front wheel I had laying around. The rear is a Sach's . It came off the bike I traded for this. I have a 3 speed nexxus coming on a wheel, from Chuck in texas. Headbadge and downtube decals are designed by axsepul in Peurto Rico. They are about a week away. Pics will follow when they are on.
DSCI0256.jpg

DSCI0255.jpg

DSCI0257.jpg

It's looking great! I'm glad someone was able to do something with it. I still have to send the seat collar, I haven't forgotten. The frame you traded turned out to be a Ross, and it's in the rafters waiting for this years build off.

I got the decals from axsepul today. The pics cant do it justice. The chrome background is a diamond plate look. In the sun,it really POPS! Lights are on,all I need now is the 3 speed wheel. Its coming......
DSCI0262.jpg

DSCI0270.jpg

DSCI0265.jpg

DSCI0266.jpg

DSCI0268.jpg

DSCI0264.jpg

DSCI0263.jpg

I have to thank axsepul for his quick service, and great communications. These decals were designed by Alex. Give him some business, I KNOW yall will be happy!

i liek this frames lines... and how you put it together.. the stickers look real nice gold and silver...Good job!!

got the new lights I got from OHDEEBEE on, the worksman wheel with Nexus 3 speed, and a newer seat . I cut and welded the post to get me back and down. Definately more comfy. I love the nexus 3 speed, though its only giving me low and mid gear.
DSCI0289.jpg

DSCI0290.jpg

Very nice! I like riding low and back on my bikes as well...much easier on the back! Regarding you 3-speed...be sure you index it properly to get all the gears. Put it in 2nd gear and then look at the "window" on the top of the shifting mechanism attached to the rear axel. In 2nd gear the yellow mark should be in between the two white lines:

11f26ad1.jpg

Move the adjusting screws as necessary to get it lined up. Hope this helps.

ED, I have done that. Even manually inserted the rod a bit deeper. It just never gets into 3. Checked the pushrod length, its correct. I'm baffled. Lubed the shifter cable and all moving parts.

Voyager Al said:
ED, I have done that. Even manually inserted the rod a bit deeper. It just never gets into 3. Checked the pushrod length, its correct. I'm baffled. Lubed the shifter cable and all moving parts.

Strange...I have dealt with PLENTY of these Nexus 3-speeds and they are pretty much bullet proof. I have found that some of them do work better when the yellow mark is out of the parallel lines. What you can try and do is put it in 3rd gear, look into the window and adjust the cable adjuster so that when in 3rd gear the rod is all the way pressed into the hub. Also, ensure that the cables are seated properly on both ends...hope this helps :)

I feel I have done that and more. Chuck sent me a replacement hub, I will R&R the guts tomorrow. I am wooped today.I worked at a buddy's car lot, and on my van, plus some handyman jobs , hanging hose reels and such. Most work I have done in 3 months.Im not built up my stamina since the surgery yet.

Voyager Al said:
I feel I have done that and more. Chuck sent me a replacement hub, I will R&R the guts tomorrow. I am wooped today.I worked at a buddy's car lot, and on my van, plus some handyman jobs , hanging hose reels and such. Most work I have done in 3 months.Im not built up my stamina since the surgery yet.

Cool! Best of luck...you will like 3rd gear :)

I DO like 3rd!!
The replacement shifted like butter! The pushrod went all the way in,smoothly. The old one, it went in all but the last 3/8" smoothly. Then it had to be forced in.,i just went for a 2 mile ride,its awesome!

Voyager Al said:
I DO like 3rd!!
The replacement shifted like butter! The pushrod went all the way in,smoothly. The old one, it went in all but the last 3/8" smoothly. Then it had to be forced in.,i just went for a 2 mile ride,its awesome!

EXCELLENT! Happy Riding!!

Back