Pedal cleaning

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is probably too intuitive for a subject in How To, but what the heck. I'm making some progress on the Parrothead bike build (pics coming soon), and for now I'm going to use a pair of black pedals with reflectors because they're the least worn matched set I have.

Anyway, I hit the metal parts with steel wool, and figured I would try one of my standard methods for cleaning vinyl - I got out the orange pumice hand cleaner. The big jug of hand cleaner comes with a plastic fingernail brush. I first sprayed the black parts of the pedals with orange spray cleaner, then I put some of the orange pumice hand cleaner on the brush and worked it into the cracks and crevices of the pedals. Rinsed them off and they turned out great, the pedals look almost new. Sorry I didn't take pics of the before/after, you'll have to trust me for now.

Orange pumice hand cleaner rules!

Good info. I'll try this on my next clean-up, which should be in about an hour or so.

I use a tooth brush and hot hot HOT water.. For rust i use an old tooth brush and turtle wax chrome polish.

I de-Grease my Bikes with "Dishwasher Powdered Soap" in a Pump Bottle
of HOT WATER.
I spray all the Greasie..Grimmy..Gooie Spots..let it sit..
and wash it with a Hose,

I also use a Tooth Brush to get the Hard Spots..

it always tastes Lousy when I do my Teeth for about a Day or Two
after...but my Bikes are Clean! :roll:

Thanks for the Orange Pumice Trick,
I'll have to try that one for sure!

Peace,
Kev.

Clothespin "n" said:
it always tastes Lousy when I do my Teeth for about a Day or Two
after...but my Bikes are Clean! :roll:

Um Kev, I think your supposed to use an old toothbrush for that.. HAHA
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back