pedal car-stroller build** FINISHED AT LAST!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: pedal car-stroller build

got a few hours of work in on the stroller car today :mrgreen:

one of my neighbors just installed "pergo" flooring, so I grabbed a few small pieces to use as pinstripe pannels......
but I had an even better idea!
100_2930.jpg

I remembered this pedal car is actually a pedal truck......
so........
100_2935.jpg

used some scrap steel and a cheap MTB neck......

some 1" chrome tubing.......

a pair of mini apes......... 8)

100_2933.jpg

100_2934.jpg

100_2932.jpg

oh yea...... the car is bare metal now, waiting for better weather to paint it (way too hot right now @ 105+deg :shock: )
100_2931.jpg

moving on to the shifter.....
some solid rod, and a threaded coupler should work!

100_2936.jpg

still looking for the right shifter knob, so for now I'll use Franklin :mrgreen:

100_2940.jpg

so here's how she sits now!
waiting to figure out the seat and upholstery.
and a carpet kit (and gas/brake/clutch pedals :wink: )
then paint and stripes!
oh! gotta figure out a canopy top for shade too!

100_2937.jpg

Re: pedal car-stroller build (July progress!!!!)

weekend-fun said:
Vulture, are you bringing this to shiny side up?

I was thinking about it.....

still allot of work to be done.

been pretty busy striping bikes for other riders to be ready for July's shows, but I'm about to have some more time on my hands to finish up this project and get started on the next one 8)

This is a really cool build! Keep up the good work.

I was wondering where you all find peddle cars? I would really like to build one of these for my buddy that is going to be a dad soon.

Oh side note: I found this for anyone that loves VW buses. I was maybe going to buy one to make a wagon for an Ice chest and grillin' stuff
http://cgi.ebay.com/VW-bus-hot-rod-twin ... 559wt_1185

amaes said:
This is a really cool build! Keep up the good work.

I was wondering where you all find peddle cars? I would really like to build one of these for my buddy that is going to be a dad soon.

Oh side note: I found this for anyone that loves VW buses. I was maybe going to buy one to make a wagon for an Ice chest and grillin' stuff
http://cgi.ebay.com/VW-bus-hot-rod-twin ... 559wt_1185

Pretty cool but a bit much for fiberglass, that's like $550 with the shipping. I have a '66 bus in the paint shop, it had those fender flares in the rear like on that fiberglass bus, I like the stock rear aprons a lot better though. Fender flares on buses were pretty popular in the 70s and 80s I guess, :oops: . Spent a considerable amount of time and money to go back to stock.

DCP_0156.jpg

file.php

Good luck with it though, good idea, just too much moola for a kid project.

Cheap pedal car kit for $150 for your buddy/buddy's kid:

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Pedal-Car-Kit,3576.html

beats paying more than this for rusty crap on eBay.

it took me a while...
but I finally found time to paint and stripe the car 8)
today I did the interior, so, yea that's about it!
We're ready for the summer car show and swap meet season!
100_3640.jpg

100_3638.jpg

100_3637.jpg

100_3636.jpg

100_3633.jpg

100_3629.jpg

100_3626.jpg

Thanks again for all your feedback, and suggestions!
hope you like the end result 8)

GREAT! Now all we need is that top you kept mentioning...I KNOW!

How about little retractable top? Like you see on the 1958 Fords? Little thin strips of chrome on the sides and portholes too!

I'm beginning to sound like Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor! :lol:

partsguy said:
GREAT! Now all we need is that top you kept mentioning...I KNOW!

How about little retractable top? Like you see on the 1958 Fords? Little thin strips of chrome on the sides and portholes too!

I'm beginning to sound like Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor! :lol:

OH MAN!!!!!!
I totally brain-farted the shade top :?
I'm working on a removable design right now...
let me get back to ya'll :mrgreen:

Nice looking stroller, but be careful, there was a worldwide reacall on this series of pedal cars due to lead paint.

ratracer said:
Nice looking stroller, but be careful, there was a worldwide reacall on this series of pedal cars due to lead paint.

Oh boo hoo! Kids survived for years with lead paint toys. Somehow out of the MILLIONS of toys, a couple kids ate a paint chip and got sick.

Of course, this is no longer a problem as the old paint is now dust in the wind. :lol:

partsguy said:
ratracer said:

Oh boo hoo! Kids survived for years with lead paint toys. Somehow out of the MILLIONS of toys, a couple kids ate a paint chip and got sick.

Of course, this is no longer a problem as the old paint is now dust in the wind. :lol:

Better not let the EPA see this post. They'll probably hit you with a fine for improper disposal of hazardous materials. :roll:

Latest posts

Back