Pearly Gates

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, im starting fast. Brand new and two builds going already! I probably wont have any others for a while though....

This one is tentatively nicknamed "Pearly Gates".

An old beat up huffy cranbrook i picked up off of the craigslist, like you do. Looks like it was someones klunker.

Getting ready to tear down and start work!

U69QHeB.jpg

Put it together this morning. Wrinkled the clear in a few places. Whoopsie. Need rims and tires. Waiting for pedals in the mail too. And i need a shim for the stem too. Its like a cm off.

PDlTtMw.jpg

k2Q142a.jpg

wUeeMh4.jpg

RhwGfel.jpg

sBCwBSu.jpg

Got my pedals, and decal for the headbadge. I moved the bars forward a bit. A little bit easier to control the ride, and looks cooler.

eold6Ew.jpg

VvYGVrz.jpg

92Rxz7w.jpg

0i6HK9I.jpg

Also, i was doing a little test ride in my neighbourhood, and when i pedaled i thought the chain slipped a little. So when i got back to the house i checked it out, and there was a lot of drag from the rear hub. Looking at it, i realized it is a 3 speed internal hub. It slipped gears a little and was stuck halfway between. Shimano sg 3560 or something like that. Now im looking for the hardware to see if it can be made functional.

Back