Peace Love and Choppers (Finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i think any shock fork would give you at least 1'' more clearance over the wheel , good thing with most springers , is there are ways to modify or ajust the hight

i like this bike , nice stance and shape

I have a red crankset coming for my klunker so the black one will go on here. I will swap bars around to give it a test ride for pedal clearance. Im in no rush, I get to work on the kona chopper alittle this weekend and then have to take it apart for painting and plating

I took it for one last ride to breakfast this morning and then ripped it apart. Parts will go to my cousin for plating this week. I forgot my bottom bracket tools to get the parts out. They will come out next friday night and I will start sanding. The fork actually has a lot of scratches on it so it will be getting primer and paint too. The frame seems so small by itself, built up, the bike is a little over 8 feet long

I am still up in arms about the horn, Im gonna wait until I see it together painted. There wont be anything on the rear of the bike, I tried two fenders and the rack and bag combo. Just going plain on the back

I just dropped off my parts to be stripped and plated. Had a crash course in understanding plating and also met the powdercoater that has a shop down the street. There is no way I can spray paint and get it to come out as nice. So since Im so over budget on this already, what the heck. Gonna go with a full powdercoat job on the frame, fork, tank, headlight body and a few smaller parts. I do have to ride this around in Hollister you know.

All of the small chrome parts have been dechromed. Im am going with yet a different decision. Rather than plating them where they will patina, they will be powdercoated gold for a perfect color match. The bike is completely disassembled at this time. On friday morning I will pick up the small parts from my cousins plating shop and everything goes to the powder coater.

With all of the black and gold, you've got a New Orleans Saints vibe going on. The wheels especially have a sort of fleur de lis look to them.

New-Orleans-Saints-Cruiser-Figurine-680x430.jpg

Everything has been taken to the powdercoater. I stuck with all black except the crankarms and the headight ring. Im gonna be selling off a bike or two to pay for all this and it will be so worth it

Looking forward to se the shine on it [emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im still waiting on the powdercoater to finish the parts. Since I wont be going home to Hollister before the deadline, i grabbed all the parts and brought them ti San Francisco. Hopefully I have them all. Im waiting patiently but also very anxious to get this done. I still have some hardware issues to finish and hope the powdercoating isnt too thick in certain areas.

Im still waiting on the powdercoater to finish the parts. Since I wont be going home to Hollister before the deadline, i grabbed all the parts and brought them ti San Francisco. Hopefully I have them all. Im waiting patiently but also very anxious to get this done. I still have some hardware issues to finish and hope the powdercoating isnt too thick in certain areas.
It sounds like my build off bike story last year. Waiting on the powder coater . I got it back with 5 days to SPARE . The powder was thick & I had to file & grind some down to get everything to fit .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a call that my parts are ready. I cant pick them up until Friday afternoon. On Saturday Im doing an annual Klunker ride down Mt Tamalpais and the girlfriend made plans for sunday. So next week Im in class and hopefully I can get it together in the evenings. Ive been working on Ideas of where to take pictures of it at. San Francisco has many options. I cant wait to see this project come together. Very Exciting

Triple dog dare you to ride the chopper down Mt Tamalpias...:p

Watched some vids of rides down that and they look scary. You riding a Klunker? I think I'd need modern brakes and suspension to attempt that. Looks like fun though.

Triple dog dare you to ride the chopper down Mt Tamalpias...:p

Watched some vids of rides down that and they look scary. You riding a Klunker? I think I'd need modern brakes and suspension to attempt that. Looks like fun though.
Im riding a transition Klunker that I put a triple tree front end on that was leftover from a jesse james chopper. I bought it to get the tank for this bike. There are pics earlier in this thread of it. I wont ride the chopper, it wont be together and it is also my most expensive bicycle at this time. I added everything up and couldnt believe how much i have in it

I almost cried today when I went to pick up my parts. All the black parts are done and are beautiful. The three gold parts, or parts that are supposed to be gold, are not. The lady wrote down the wrong number and they came out safety yellow like a Scwinn Heavi Duty. So they have to be blasted, then taken back to my cousin for nickel plating and then back to the powder coater. I might not be done in time. Worst case scenario i can throw a black crank on an not have a headlight for the deadline but those parts are crucial to the final build.

Im cancelling my ride tomorrow because i have to pick up the blasted parts. The powder coater is closed sun mon and the plater is closed fri sat. And theres not much time to spare. I will get every thing else together

Crossing my fingers on meeting the deadline

Im cancelling my ride tomorrow because i have to pick up the blasted parts. The powder coater is closed sun mon and the plater is closed fri sat. And theres not much time to spare. I will get every thing else together

Crossing my fingers on meeting the deadline
Good luck. I totally understand the cutting it close thing. Right there with you.

Back