Pawel's build thread.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My Build.

good people over at chopadero site told me I should file out the drop out or drill em out to fit the bolt I have and I wont have to weld up the drop outs closed..and still give the bolt play because I wont do the whole length of the drop out just the top part.

WOWOWOWO!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WHAT A PILE OF CRAP THIS FORK IS!!

after tring to get everything lined up for about an hour and failed every time, I noticed the legs on the springer were made wrong. One is facing opposite of the other one, so the holes didnt line up...ontop of it every combination of spacers I used and placement of dropouts the bolt kept hitting my spokes...so I had to drill out the holes on the springer fork .. drill out the holes on my new fork I bought, and make it work, I have the big black bolts on the inside, not like on the outside like they are suppose to be, there was no way of making them work on the inside like he has it. So I got it how I got it and it seems to be holding, to be completley honest I wont be suprised if the whole thing snaps on the first ride ... Im never messing with this type of fork AGAIN...EVER EVER..and I suggest anyone who has half a brain stays away from them too, they look cool but thats it, if you buy it hang it on your wall or something, mounting it on a bike will just be a big headache...

...The wheel isnt even centered because the drop outs are cocked, and theres not much I could do about that because the legs on the "springer" part are cocked as well lol..

img00372200910051743.jpg

before I paint Im gonna take it apart and look at it one more time frustration dose not help!! .. and see if maybe the vice could convince it to be a little more straight.

deorman said:
If you haven't bent it yet, try flipping it front to back and see if that's closer. :|

Ill try that next time im in the basement, donno if it will fit, ill see..just alot of frustration today with this piece of crap, anyone ho wants to buy this fork DONT.. Ill say it again , looks nice but thats it, unless you plan on hanging it on your wall your gonna have headaches and nothing more!!

I don't quite understand what you mean about the springer - one is opposite the other? Maybe you could post some pics? I am using these forks on my bike and did not have too much problem. The one thing I did have to do was to figure out a way to switch the plates to the outside while still having the head of the bolts on the inside. There just isn't enough room to have the nuts on the inside because they hit the spokes.

ForkHardware.jpg

Rusty said:
I don't quite understand what you mean about the springer - one is opposite the other? Maybe you could post some pics? I am using these forks on my bike and did not have too much problem. The one thing I did have to do was to figure out a way to switch the plates to the outside while still having the head of the bolts on the inside. There just isn't enough room to have the nuts on the inside because they hit the spokes.

ForkHardware.jpg

bikefa.jpg

big update :D I found a cool bike at walmart I will be buying its fairly cheap and I will be using it as parts to finish my build. Probably switch frames too. Looking foward to it in the next couple weeks I should have updates, Ill also play with the fork this weekend try and make it straight as I can.

Back