Paul Jr. Designs

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone watch American Chopper last night?

PJD is building a boardtrack (use this term loosly) inspired chopper.

I didn't catch it, but my DVR did, so I'll probably watch it tonight.

Yes, It is AWESOME!!! I normally think of a chopper as having the thick tire in back, lots of rake, long forks and a low and long stance. But every time Jr. rolls something new out the shop door I re-think all those options. :mrgreen:

Monday's show was a good one as usual. I watched it last night.

Not surprising that there's still a culture of throwing parts (whole bikes) around the shop at OCC, and none of that drama at PJD.

You have to wonder how many of those guys there want to jump ship and go work for Junior. :)

The only problem is, as 'messed up' as it might be at OCC, Junior really isn't ready to take on any more employees right now.

Honestly, unless he's making BIG money with Sr., I'm a little surprised Rick hasn't jumped ship.

Cheers,
Dr. T

its just a matter of time b4 OCC goes away ...sr is a major a hole ...rick is just waitin for the rite chance n he will b gone for sure !!!! he is a big part of OCC and they will be screwed when he leaves!!! who else can make those tanks ...LOL
PJD is where its at for sure !!! even tho they really still just order a bunch of stuff n put it together ...they dont make enuff stuff inhouse ....but still its a good show !!!!

I think the show is more interesting now that the 2 have split. You can really tell how relaxed it is at PJD compared to OCC. Sr. is a jerk, and he is in such denial about it that he has lost most of his family. Sad.

It has become the male soap opera...I love it. I think Paul Jr.'s attention to detail will pay off in the long run. OCC has gotten way to much just a name. They build bikes out of "OFF THE SHELF" parts. Nothing really custom and no "WOW" factor. PJD on the other hand I say wow 5 times before the bike is even halfway finished. Then Nub takes it WAY over the top.

I too love that trike but I bet the price tag will make you go :shock: :cry: :shock:

outskirtscustoms said:
It has become the male soap opera...I love it. I think Paul Jr.'s attention to detail will pay off in the long run. OCC has gotten way to much just a name. They build bikes out of "OFF THE SHELF" parts. Nothing really custom and no "WOW" factor. PJD on the other hand I say wow 5 times before the bike is even halfway finished. Then Nub takes it WAY over the top.

I too love that trike but I bet the price tag will make you go :shock: :cry: :shock:

Someone should make a bike trike like that using OCC stingray wheels. :!: :!: :!:

kingfish254 said:
outskirtscustoms said:

Someone should make a bike trike like that using OCC stingray wheels. :!: :!: :!:

There was one at the MidWest Bike Fest. I didn't get a pic of it though. Maybe someone here has it?
-john

Realize that we are seeing episodes that were filmed 6 months ago or so. Also remember that the guys who did "Miami Ink" got trapped in contracts with TLC, so much so that they ultimately opened another tattoo shop down the street. Rick might be held back by some type of contract issue. I don't know what the relationship between him and Jr. is, but he doesn't kiss ... like Jason does..... I'm just glad it is still on the air.

Last year's season is now available on Netflix. :D

You can watch all 115 episodes there now instantly.

Back