Pathetic parts gathering

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I didn't even need a project, but... I asked a friend if he had I part I need. He didn't, but he did have some Huffy grips that were cool. So I bought them even though I didn't need them. Last night I was prowling Ebay and a blue Persons seat that looked really good popped up. So I bought it even though I didn't need it. See a trend?

So I have bronze grips. A blue seat. I have a set of 24" NOS redline muscle bike tires. I have a front 24x1-3/8" wheel. I have a rear 333 5-speed hub... This is pathetic. I'm building up for a project and I didn't even realize it! Now I'm thinking I need to find a Huffy Super Stock that is missing a front wheel, seat and grips!

Have you ever fallen into something like this?

Last edited:
All the time. I end to pick up a gooseneck and came home with a jeep full of parts last weekend.

I always seem to amass a pile of parts for projects I think I am going to finish. Then I sell them off and buy other parts for projects I think I am going to finish. I get one finished every once in a while...lol

I started with project #1, while looking for parts for it I came across one I couldn't pass up Project #2 was born, then found one on Ebay that was awesome that just needed to be cleaned and tightened Project #3 comes in the picture, while looking for parts for projects 1-2-3 come across a bunch of hard to find parts I already had but no bike to go with them so future project #4 on the horizon, had to come up with a quick bike for my Gran-daughters birthday Project #5, so I guess now I'm going back to work on Project #1 . . . wait I just saw a nice Sears Screamer on Ebay . . .

I started with project #1, while looking for parts for it I came across one I couldn't pass up Project #2 was born, then found one on Ebay that was awesome that just needed to be cleaned and tightened Project #3 comes in the picture, while looking for parts for projects 1-2-3 come across a bunch of hard to find parts I already had but no bike to go with them so future project #4 on the horizon, had to come up with a quick bike for my Gran-daughters birthday Project #5, so I guess now I'm going back to work on Project #1 . . . wait I just saw a nice Sears Screamer on Ebay . . .

Hey!! You're copying my patented technique!!:21::21::21::grin::D:rofl:

I mostly just get parts frames bikes as they come,cheap or free,on a rare occasion i will shell out for something that appeals to me,and then I just start building

Sent from my VF685 using Tapatalk

This morning I went to a small local flea market and found what I now know is an MX60 BMX front mag wheel. It has 4 layers of peeling paint on it with the original orange paint underneath. What am I gonna do with one orange BMX mag?

Back