(Pashley-style) Guvenator

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you guys have probably seen the "Show us your Pashley Guv'nor style bikes" thread I put up a few weeks ago: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23043

I've been wanting to do one of these for a while now, and was never quite sure which bike to use as a basis for it.
I have this great old '75 Varsity Tourist that's been sitting away, which I was considering selling ( :shock: !) since I never ride it, and I got to looking at the frame - perfect for what I had in mind:
001-3.jpg

My original intention was to strip it, paint it black, turn it into a singlespeed, etc.
I swapped out the 27" inch rims and tires, and put a set of 700C ally rims from my old hybrid on it with a set of Schwalbe 700x35 creme Delta Cruisers, removed the shorty fenders, swapped to a honey Brooks B67, added unknown but almost flat flipped cruiser bar, DiaCompe brake levers with all new cables and housing, leather grips, and truss rods from an unknown fork I bought from Cman a while back.
But I got to thinking it's really stupid to REMOVE gears in my area, and after seeing that the graphics on the frame were the exact same colour as the tires, and how nice that Chestnut metallic paint looked against the leather and the tires, I've decided to leave the rest as-is.

I hereby submit for your approval :mrgreen: :
028-1.jpg

029-3.jpg

031-2.jpg

030-2.jpg

023-4.jpg

I wouldn't change anything except maybe removing the front derailleur and making it a 5 speed. But that's just me. I threw a bid on an old JC Higgins 3 speed touring frame. If I win it, gonna be a Guv'nor themed bike! -Adam

bravo my friend and just think of the money you just saved! :shock:

Thanks guys!

karfer67 said:
bravo my friend and just think of the money you just saved! :shock:

LOL - yeah, AND I still get to enjoy that "old bike" vibe! :mrgreen:

Back