pashley delibike /cycletruck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok chaps, i've got a pashley delibike, as in the pic below.

pashley_delibike_green_l.jpg

sadly, it differs from the one in pic, in that it's been worked hard and been left outside for 40 years, but it's still all solid.

it's a single speed, which is too high even unlaoded on the flat, the paint's shot, the wheels rusty, the tyres perished and the brakes are by far the worst thing about it.

i now have sourced a NOS pair of old hubs (cheers chris), both drum brakes with the rear one being an SA 3 speed. in black like the one on the right.
pic-153-s.jpg

i can get black spokes, and a pair of black rims and black tyres that are a perfect match in width & aesthetics, but the front being BMX20", (406) and the rear mtb26"(559) as below
12318.jpg
halo%20twin%20rail.jpg

so a trip to the powdercoaters, new headset, new BB, new crank, chain and wheels and we'll be away, collecting beer. :mrgreen:

but the question is, what colour to get the powder coating done? should the front rack and frame and mudguards all be the same colour, or should some be different ?

any photoshoppers out there willing to try there hand at how they'd like it to look?

Re: pashley delibike

Looks like a great project.

Did it come with the basket? When I was checking into these a while back, I found there was a guy in England that custom-makes the baskets for them.

Re: pashley delibike

StephenH said:
Did it come with the basket? When I was checking into these a while back, I found there was a guy in England that custom-makes the baskets for them.

if it ever had one, it's worn or rotted away decades ago.
it's handy to know someone makes them, do you have the link, i'm in england as it happens :mrgreen:

hubgearfreak said:
thanks CS. i was aware of hembrow, and it's an interesting read especially in english :mrgreen: but he's not in england, it doesn't matter, and i'd happily have a dutch basket, but i was interested to know of the english one.

thanks anyhow :D

Well, he is British, his Dutch is sort of nonexistent, but he is still in Friesland.

Don't have it powdercoated over bare metal, your bike will last about three years if you do.

Orange metal flake, orange flake banana seat, monster apes, pie-crust whitewalls.....!

You coming to the York Festival of Cycling Hub Gear? Is your mum coming on the cycling holiday again this year????

MadMick said:
1. York Festival of Cycling 2. Is your mum coming on the cycling holiday again this year????

1. i'd love to come, but what, where, when?

2. yes, suffolk soon...they're using hire bikes, so good luck with getting the bars right, she's very fussy :mrgreen:

Back