Pal Superbike - Ann Arbor trash find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I went to the Ann Arbor Bicycle show, I found this in the trash!!! I guess the seller just didn't want to travel with it anymore, since it was towards the end of the day and nobody wanted it. You know me, I took it out of the trash and also found a Schwinn Tractor S-7 tire. I know it's not much, but it'd be a good tree ornament for outside lol. I brought it home.

Turns out to be a "Pal Superbike"... not a crotch rocket okay? lol. It says Pal Products Inc. Michigan City, Indiana, USA. Anyone have a clue on how old it is?

palbike1.jpg

palbike2.jpg

The crank is in great shape.

palbike3.jpg

Probably from late 40s early 50s cool hang it in your garage and look for parts to put it back together Tony 8)

I love the skirts. How's the structural integrety?

looks to be the same as my sons pixies pedals(you tap the cap of and slide the pedals off and then tap the cap back on when theyre reinstalled)
great score! theres a site that has lots of trike parts(would be interchangeable with the bike parts) when i can remember what the place is ill post it

I live and work in La Porte and my place of employment is right where the old Crown/Great Western bicycle plant was. Down the street from there workers are clearing the land for a new building and they unearthed and old Pal Superbike badge. It fell into my possesion today. Cant find any info online though...It says:
Pal Superbike
A Product of
The La Porte Corporation
La Porte Indiana

Back