paint stripping

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i need a fast way to strip paint for my bike frame. I live in a upstair apartment so it must clean as possible

dont use stripper unless the old paint is completly roached out. its to messy and is a pain in the butt. if it has a few spots that needs fixed, sand them out with 600/wet sand paper. then use a gray scotch-brite to scuff up the rest of the frame. follow with primer than paint.

I agree with biker_km. Original paint is a good base and does not have to be removed.

wet sand it to get out any scratches and chips and primer it. Look for any flaws and sand them out and primer again.
continue until your primer coat does not expose any flaws and then paint.

if you must strip all the paint off, home depot has a product called citrisstrip. It is an thick orange gel that you can paint on with a disposable brush. it is very good at stripping paint without drips or getting toxic stuff running all over the place or sprayed into the air you breath.

Aircraft brand stripper will remove it but you will likely send everyone in your building to the hospital. I agree with the others on media blasting it.

Latest posts

Back