Overnight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there.
As I said in the Intro section, I stumbled across ratrodbikes by accident, searching for bike parts.
But being a Kustom lover and also a rookie bike builder (last photo), I could'nt just wait to get home and start "ratin'" an old Zenith Cycles frame I had hangin around.
Yesterday's photos were'nt the best, so I got new ones.
The wood "tank" is properly secured and the seat lost it's coils, being a lot lower now.
This morning I rode it to go get the bread for breakfast, and I roled by the sheppard that lives nearby.. and he commented the bike: Something like "Hey there, nice bike. But.... why the heck do you have a piece of wood hanging there?!"..
Man I was scattered... I thought that he would say... "Hey, nice work.. It look JUST LIKE those motorcycles back in the day.." LOL
Anyway, I told him that I just thought it looked better.
The new photos:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Keep on rollin and godspeed.

Personally, I like it. But, if you want it to look more like a tank, perhaps paint it the same color as the frame with some pinstriping and 'Zenith' in an 'old gold' color?
Like this:
zenith_gradua_1912.jpg

Good luck!
Dr. T

Hi
I'm getting a lot of ideas right now..
I think I'm going to build another one...

The tank is bolted to the frame with those screws that open hole and thread by themsleves. Sorry but I don't know how they are called in english.

Mind working... I gonna build me a new one. That Zenith photo did the trick...

The bike looks like it has a strong start. Don't give up on that one because I believe you can do something with it. Make the color uniform and people will understand the styled wood to be a tank. I like it a lot.

I love the international element this site provides. Always great to see what the neighbors are up to.

Hi there..
After taking a good look at the old photos post and at the building contest, I decided I'd buil me a new bike (almost) from scratch.
Sincerely, I think that the frame on this bicycle is not fit for the purpose I want and I don't want to change it.
I allready took it apart and started working on an old mountain bike my father had laying around (he still thinks that it IS laying around 8) ) and ordered some parts from Chopper Monster Garage in Madrid.
Anyway, one of my favorites is "La Cucaratcha010". I love it.
Soon I'll start a new thread on the "Widowmaker"
Thanks

Back