Our first big run

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son and I made our first run for a group of bikes. This is what we came home with.
One of them is a 20 inch kent. Does any one know any info on this bike?

Atlantarun021_zps1d247852.jpg

Atlantarun020_zps8bb99e00.jpg

Atlantarun015_zpsf37a8f56.jpg

Atlantarun013_zpsa6cefeae.jpg

Atlantarun014_zpscb2f7f1f.jpg

Atlantarun012_zps5bf01992.jpg

Atlantarun011_zps4eccf955.jpg

Atlantarun010_zps4650b5cd.jpg

Atlantarun008_zps94e538e7.jpg

Atlantarun006_zps0961dcd9.jpg

Atlantarun004_zps5332a603.jpg

Atlantarun001_zpsddb34c90.jpg

That Coppertone Panther is very cool.

Not much on the Kent. I found 1 or 2 references but nothing good

Those short apes on the Junior StingRays make great bars on a 26" bike with an adult rider. Nice finds, espcially the coppertone Panther. Gary

The chainguard on the Kent is from the 1950s Higgins/Murray family. I doubt it is original to the bike, but it might be a clue.

Nice! Looks like my first run but yours was much sweeter. Nice Panther for sure and one can never go wrong with a few Stingrays. Especially if your son is young, get him on those puppies! Instill the sickness nice and young.

Don't put much stock in ebay if you're looking for value on the Panther; there are currently two just like that on there with buy it nows of 1400-1500$ which is obscenely high :lol: a great bike though, no doubt!

The Kent was made by a 3 company collective known as Daimler/Puch/Steyr. They had a couple different factories in europe, and Puch built the imported 3 speed bikes for Sears for many years. They came up with several wacky middleweights to compete in the US market. Sold through various retailers, with badges like President, Parkliegh, Black Knight, Royce Union, Bauer, etc. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
The Kent was made by a 3 company collective known as Daimler/Puch/Steyr. They had a couple different factories in europe, and Puch built the imported 3 speed bikes for Sears for many years. They came up with several wacky middleweights to compete in the US market. Sold through various retailers, with badges like President, Parkliegh, Black Knight, Royce Union, Bauer, etc. -Adam
thats cool, the first 2 are: Daimler before the merger with Mercedes ? and Puch made motorcycles in the 70's? if I remember right.

Troy

LukeTheJoker said:
Steyr was a weapons manufacturer at one point made some very nice arms. Nearly bought a straight pull bolt action 8mm once, very nice action, nice engineering!

Luke.

They still are. One of the oldest in the world although the company is separate from the conglomerate it once was, that being Steyr-Daimler-Puch. The Steyr firm was into manufacturing a little of everything through its long and interesting history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr-Daimler-Puch

I have quite a few of their straight pull rifles and carbines in my collection as well as some of their other military items.

Latest posts

Back