Other Biking?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Road biking? Mountain biking? This is my sorta other biking thing, though I've yet to hit the trails this year. I built this up last summer after finding the frame on eBay. 2001Marin Nail Trail
5abuby7u.jpg
bybebasy.jpg

I LIKE BIKES

I own a steel hardtail Kona; don't ride it much anymore b/c I've been taking cruisers on trails lately. I also ride a late 80s Fuji roadbike that I've extensively modified, but I don't do group road rides or wear "kit" or anything. I pretty much take the Fuji if i'm going on a looooong ride or if i'm running late for work. :rockout:

Nice Marin!:113: but your trails look awfully soggy....

Yeah it was terribly soggy that day. I ride the Discgolf course when no one is playing. Lots of terrain and MTB goodness. I'm surrounded by trails in Western Kentucky.

I LIKE BIKES

I ride for myself, my own gratification, transportation, and health.
I "freeride," or as I call it opportunity ride! Much like, bmx street, or urban assault riding, I pump or jump all ramps, do stupid gap hops, manual wheelies into curbs for air time, pretty much how I rode as a kid!
Takes a special combination of parts and finesse, and alot of body english! Also no fear of breaking stuff.
Mmy current daily:
20140624_061653_zpsbe369564.jpg

It's got a long front end, steep headtube, lots of trail, and 3 gears. Semi knobby, kenda cosmos tires = cheap and tough.
Don't misread me, I have a "road cruiser," and a cruiser just no m.t.b. or pure road bikes anymore!
My building oddities came in the 90s, built a GT Talara(cheapo mild steel) frame I built with pieces on hand to ride to college. Among those pieces was a set of 650 wheels, skinny tires, and it was lightning fast.
Thusly began my skinnier is better bikes.

Latest posts

Back