Ordering from Felt Bicycles? You need to know. Good End!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the thread here about the good price on 24" white Thick Bricks and decided to order a pair, even tho, right now I don't have any 24" wheels. Well and good.

What you need to know is that unless you specifically tell them not to ship with a signature required they will ship UPS with signature required automatically. Further, the signature must be given In Person by a person 21 or older.

Tomorrow will be UPS' 3rd attempt at delivery and it will fail. Both of us work. UPS will return the tires to Felt.

I called Felt (you must speak to Accounting for internet sales). The lady stated that in the order process there is a message that tells you to specify signature or no signature required in the Comments. She also admitted that the message is so poorly located on their web order site, that it is hard to find. It is a known problem according to her.

To reship, they require paying for shipping again.

I gave her 2 choices:

1. reship without charge
2. give me a full refund

She is going to consult her management, and call me tomorrow.

We'll see how it turns out!

Re: Ordering from Felt Bicycles? 1 thing you need to know.

Ohh Felt, why do you have to hae to give us a hard time.

Did you know that you can actually have UPS hold the package and you pick it up at their main location?

Another option is for you to have them hold it and then have Felt contact them and give them a new shipping address if you want it to go to your work place.

thanks rydr1 for the suggestions.

re-directing delivery to work is not an option for me. (plus there is a UPS fee).

pickup at a UPS office is not something I want to have to do. My work days with commute are 11 hrs a day, I can't be driving around this great big city during rush hour looking for a UPS site, I paid for home delivery for a reason.

I am not upset at Felt - don't get me wrong.

I'm just giving you guys a heads up, that is all.

The 1st UPS delivery attempt notice yesterday on my door had box "A" checked.

Reading the options it said I could sign that notice and that would be my signature for the 2nd attempt.
So, I signed the notice and taped it to my door.

So today, 2nd attempt notice has box "B" checked, which indicates that Felt requires that UPS receive the signature IN PERSON, so, no meet the delivery guy in person, no delivery. Not gonna happen.

I'll get the 3rd and final delivery attempt notice tomorrow, I won't be here, and after that Felt can sort it out.

So bottom line, if you know you won't be home for deliveries, be sure to tell the seller "no signature on delivery".

Does Fat Frank make 24" fatties? :D

ive had an account with felt ever since they finally allowed us to buy parts direct from them. bought 3 sets of tires,all shipped quickly, never had to sign for them. came home from work thursday nite to a sticker on my front door saying that i`ll have to sign for them. called ups and explained that i work during their delivery time,so hold them and i`ll pick them up. today i drove a round trip of 25 miles or so, got stuck for 15 minutes by a train,burned about $12 worth of premium fuel, and when i got home and opened the box, the "antique white" tires say "ALL CREAM COLOR"! :? ive got 3 sets of cream colored tires,that im not even using now! oh well, looks like this years build off bike will be sporting a set of bleeping cream colored tires! :lol:

I order some late sunday night I dont thing they have shipped.. now I have to call them.. ha ha..
normally if you miss them driver you can sign the notice they left and leave it on the door.

henry, read my last post in this thread. It depends on the level of signature requirement that Felt specifies. signing the slip did not work for me. Has to be in person according to the driver.

I saw that after the fact, I sent them an email and asked them to contact UPS and remove the requirement
I really dont like using UPS, I went to San Diego and got a vintage Bang and Olufsen system and shipped it
to myself in OKC. that was dec 29th box showed up distroyed. they still have not paid my claim

2 things happened today.

1. FELT called and said that they would reship without charge as soon as they receive the package back from UPS.
They are also updating their web site to be more clear about "Signature Required" on shipping.
I'm impressed that FELT stepped up the the plate, and I will be glad to do future business with them!

2. UPS came by the house around 6:45 for the 3rd delivery attempt. Well I was home by then and accepted and signed for the package. All is well.

very good .. I sent them 2 emails about the web site also..
jerrykr said:
2 things happened today.

1. FELT called and said that they would reship without charge as soon as they receive the package back from UPS.
They are also updating their web site to be more clear about "Signature Required" on shipping.
I'm impressed that FELT stepped up the the plate, and I will be glad to do future business with them!

2. UPS came by the house around 6:45 for the 3rd delivery attempt. Well I was home by then and accepted and signed for the package. All is well.

jerrykr said:

Great news on you being home to sign for them. It wouldn't suprise me if the UPS driver waited later in the day to run my your house knowing he has tried twice and you were not home.

This whole signiture deal must be something new. I've purchased 4 set of tires from these guys without a problem......but not recently. Regarding the "white" tires, I recently purchased a used Felt Chief with yellow tires that may have originally been white. Sun hardened? I don't know, but not much for sidebite, I've got the skinned up knees to prove it!!

Back