(ORBO) Dead Metal - Video Montage

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this must be a poorboy's version of a Bomber... nothing high end on it.
I started looking at what I've used so far and noticed a lot of Wald on this one...
the list so far: 945 seat post, 4C stem, and 898 gullwing handlebars cut down to 26" wide. I think I'll continue the trend while sourcing parts. I've got a 4080 headset too, but the fork on the way is 21.1mm so I can't use it...

Carl.
A few Wald parts on tap for Mesa Büggie as well. Cranks, bars, .... Carl, we used to sell a t-shirt back in the day that had the slogan:

Wald,
When the best just won't do.

A tongue-in-cheek shirt that I believe was produced by Wald themselves. Love it.

I've got to find a BB conversion. I want to go 3 piece. But I did find a nice thumb shifter in my stash and have set my bars and grips up where I think I want them.

I also think I've got my fork and front brakes figured out.

Carl.
I am really digging the handlebars on that thing. Well played. I am excited to see how the rest comes along.

I am really digging the handlebars on that thing. Well played. I am excited to see how the rest comes along.
Yeah, ah... not using that frame or bars for the ORBO. Both sets of stays are pinholed with corrosion... they are stable, and I'll probably end up filling them with brass rod, at least that's the plan for my BO11 build. But not for an off road bike. I ride my builds.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Yeah, ah... not using that frame or bars for the ORBO. Both sets of stays are pinholed with corrosion... they are stable, and I'll probably end up filling them with brass rod, at least that's the plan for my BO11 build. But not for an off road bike. I ride my builds.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...
Brass filled pinholes on a customized bare metal bike, sounds like a great build to me.

Building... riding...

Brass filled pinholes on a customized bare metal bike, sounds like a great build to me.

Building... riding...
Might be... I'm pushing that one to the Big BO11.

Today I'm playing in Paint.net
Badge3.jpg

Carl.

Digging the BO11 bones and the Day of the Dead skull frame.

I'm so lucky to have friends like Gary, check out the work he's doing on my rear hub...
RedBnd.jpg

Total disassembly and rebuild! Wow.
(yea we swapped for a red band instead of the yellow...)
I'm so looking forward to using this, I've never rode a two speed...

Carl.

Last edited:
I'm so lucky to have friends like Gary, check out the work he's doing on my rear hub...
View attachment 15987
Total disassembly and rebuild! Wow.
(yea we swapped for a red band instead of the yellow...)
I'm so looking forward to using this, I've never rode a two speed...

Carl.
That's why I haven't taken apart any of my three speeds, not sure I'd get them back together proper.

Dig the sugar skull idea.

Your hub is finished @ GuitarCarl. It will be in the mail this week. Works fine. Just to show you how nice this hub is, the one on the left is yours, the one on the right is NOS. (with 50 yrs. of shop wear, of course) Your hub is just as nice on the inside. No issues. On the lower right is the Bendix factory tool for disassembling the kickbacks. Gary

DSC07833.JPG

Looking good Carl!

Luke.
Thanks. Coming from a builder like you , it means a lot.
The first fork is on, but I have on old Wald on the way...
It's a chrome landing gear too.
Awesome detail work.

Building... riding...
Not done yet...
I want to do a little more Sharpie work, and I'm looking for some tiny plastic roses.

Carl.

Almost got a rider . Looks great like that scull very art deadco [emoji88]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost got a rider . Looks great like that scull very art deadco [emoji88]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I've got a 38t sprocket, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a Wald.
Hey I like that emoji...
emoji88.png

Carl.

Thanks. Coming from a builder like you , it means a lot.
The first fork is on, but I have on old Wald on the way...
It's a chrome landing gear too.

Not done yet...
I want to do a little more Sharpie work, and I'm looking for some tiny plastic roses.

Carl.
Do you have a hobby lobby in your area? They'd have the roses you're looking for, just saw some at my local store last week.

Do you have a hobby lobby in your area? They'd have the roses you're looking for, just saw some at my local store last week.
I was heading there in the morning hehe... I'm thinking maybe a quarter inch or so each flower, preferably red. Sugar needs a head dress...
I know it's not off road, but it's rock n roll...
emoji88.png

Carl. :rockout:

I thought ridin' off-road was all rocks and rolls....especially here in the desert! That skull work is awesome. Nice touch! The bike has really clean lines and a great stance.

Back