Orangevale, CA (Sacramento Area)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BXS

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from Orangevale California!
Back in the early to mid '80s I was really into freestyle and BMX (I rode both a GT Pro Freestyle, and a Mongoose Motomag) but as I grew older and eventually got my drivers license I sort of grew out of bicycles. About a year ago I saw a stretch cruiser online while looking for something else and I just knew that I had to have one. After doing a bit of research I discovered that Dyno had been one of the pioneers in the stretch market, and being a kid back in the '80s I instantly recognized the name Dyno. At that point it became a mission for me to find a Dyno Roadster. I wasn't willing to settle for the Kustom Kruiser (even though it's the same bike, I just had to have that little "D" stamped in the frame.) It took me several months to find a real Dyno for sale within driving distance and at a price that I could afford. Back in January I found one right here in midtown Sacramento! Then after riding my bike just once, my wife decided that she had to have the same thing. Surprisingly I found hers within a few weeks.

While I still have tons of future plans for both bikes (as quickly as the budget will allow), so far they have both received bent springer front ends, head/tail lights, and mine has been upgraded with a new seat (since the picture was taken) The bike below is mine, and my wife's bike is almost identical, just with a different seat.

I have actually been on this site a couple of times over the last few months when I have Google'd certain parts and been directed here, but it wasn't until the last 2nd Saturday when my wife and I were out riding and ran into a guy that we went to high school with (hi Mark) and after commenting on our bikes and telling us a little about his, he started telling me that I had to join this site since there were a ton of locals on it. So... Here I am!! Looking forward to hangin out with some of you guys! :mrgreen:

DSC01696.jpg

Latest posts

Back