Orange Squeeze- Columbia

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here are the finished pics Orange Squeeze.

Frame: Columbia repop purchased at swap meet
Fork: Kona Project 2
Handlebar: traded from twin brother of his Bianchi
Seat ?????
Wheels: Rear -swap meet, front????
Chainring: Spyder 500
Rest: lying around.

Orange Krylon for the rims and frame accents.
For more pics of the build: Columbia build

0702071935a2.jpg

0702071935.jpg

0702071934a.jpg

Looks sweet!!!

Now you just need to send your seat to Firewalker and let him do it up in orange black and silver.

Thanks for the compliments.

Troy- the bare metal frame w/paint accents looks much better in person or maybe a better camera.

Steve- I have been think about a custom seat from Firewalker, I would have to find a different seat as this has metal seat pan.

cman said:
Steve- I have been think about a custom seat from Firewalker, I would have to find a different seat as this has metal seat pan.

I think he could pull it off without any problems. Post a few close up shots of the seat and he can tell you right away what he can do.

I've got one with a metal pan that is soon to show up on his door step. :mrgreen:

Does any one know where or have some of these Ritchey Moby tires? They are the softest and cushiest tires for a custom without using a WW.

Kev, No brake bosses(nubs). There is a hole in the top but it is just meant for a fender. It was origianlly for the Kona Humuhumu .......Cruiser. That is the original finish. They are the a very light and responsive fork.

Ricky , They don't make these tires anymore. I think Bontrager has a slick but been unable to find.

cman,

thanks I didn't realize Kona has been making the P2 forks that long. I have a newer one and it's 1 1/8. I also have a 16 in. probably 2005 humu black frame with fork that I ought to put up in the classifieds here, it would make a good project bike takes an actual 26X3 tire in the rear, head tube needs more rake IMO.

Kev, the Humu is Kona's cruiser bike, not really mtb at all although appearance is like early BMX cruiser (Cook brothers etc) mtb conversions.

Socal- That frame would sell quickly. It would make a great beach bike with the fat 3" tires. You can also fit a 700c wheels in these frame and fork.

I hope the Forks are just Borrowed for a while.

Sorry, Kev they are permanent. I needed front brakes on the Xtracycle so I bought a new fork. here is a shot of it from a ride last week
0712071922.jpg

Back