"Opportunity Knocks"...(minor updates)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Opportunity Knocks" IT'S ALIVE!!! (more pics)

g-ratter said:
What happened to the really nice "stingray" like curved pieces that was part of the original drawing? I thought those were a really nice touch.
Once I got the frame mods done, I liked the clean look without the extra bars...it might be my inner artist speaking, but the bike just didn't WANT them. Plus, this might just be the first, not only, sex-change I do to a bike...I'm thinking of doing another one possibly with a sidecar...

Re: "Opportunity Knocks" IT'S ALIVE!!! (more pics)

Sweet Ride!!Great job 8) :mrgreen:

Re: "Opportunity Knocks" (former World Tourist) IT'S ALIVE!!!

dvnport said:
is it for sale? :p
You know, I hadn't really thought about that, especially since I haven't had much of a chance to enjoy it yet...but, almost everything's for sale...if the right number comes up, that is ;)

Re: "Opportunity Knocks" IT'S ALIVE!!! (with FINISHED pics!)

Here are a few pics I snapped of the finished bicycle!
OKrear.png

OKfront.png

OKknobdetail.png

OKprofile.png

Very nice... And the pics with the snow in the background really pull the white details out of the bike. Everybody has their opinions of what could have been done differently, and every time I look at the bike, I can't help but imagine a straight tube coming across horizontally under that curved top tube, and the bike having a tank....

Awesome job.

I greatly appreciate the positive feedback on this project! I was fortunate enough to get a couple of nights to take it out on the road before the snow and cold. It's smooth, comfotable, and it's pretty fast for a single speed. I'm in love with this bike and I'm extrmemly proud of the end result. Thanks again!
P.S. I plan on taking some more pics when I get another sunny day

The frame really came out nice, I like the stance, the color and stripes! Gives me some inspiration.

Re: "Opportunity Knocks" IT'S ALIVE!!! (done pics on pg3)

Bleh...winter finally came. I've got this parked in the garage next to my Flightliner and Stingray (the other two bikes I've built/aquired and haven't got to enjoy yet) and every night I go out and visit and long for just one more day of clear road to sneak out for a ride. This one's got me hooked! lol

Made a few minor changes over the last year. Ditched the cylinder bag for a wwII ammo pouch then had to use a different mount for the headlight to clear the taller storage unit. Put a Chicago Schwinn head badge on it as well.
The bolt to lock the crankset failed on me :( THAT was a fun experience, so I switched to a hardened clevis pin with a steel sleeve between the crank arm and chain ring...so far, so good

Other than that, it's the same creature and I LOVE it!

Back