Opinions on This Bike (Skiptooth Fixie)???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey,

Anybody know what this bike is and what it might be worth? Owner has no idea what brand it is. Has 26" wheels...

Dan

untitled1.jpg

untitled.jpg

Hard to say, might be a couple hundred if those are wood wheels. Looks like it has track dropouts, from those shots it's going to be hard to tell much.

I'd say from what it looks like to go on here, under $100.

wow, skippy an a dog leg, hmmm, i would say somewhere around 75 to 100. you trying to buy it? tell him 50 an see what happens

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Yeah, I'm looking at buying it. They are asking $175...no way I'm going that high.

The wheels are steel (they said).

What is a "track droput"? Is that good?

I may offer $50 or $75 for it. I dunno yet.

Dan

The rear facing, horizontal dropout, ala, track bike. I don't think it's a track bike, but with some old moustache bars and a better seat it would look like one.

in the long run, if ya can't get it for 50 or 75, i'd go 100 an thats it. ya gotta want this one bad. if i wanted it bad i would go 100 or leave it alone.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

I don't want it that bad, but it is cool. I saw a 28" wooden wheeled CCM one (I think it was a real track bike) a few weeks ago at a small bike/flea market for $125. I just missed it and that one had serious mojo...I REALLZY wanted it!

Big problem is, this bike is at least 2 hours from my house. Driving a full size truck on a 4 hour trip, at $4.15 a gallon, might be more than it is worth to me. Still thinking about it.

Dan

I had a very similar bike to this but it was a womens. Had the same sprocket/crank. The only decal on it was on the downtube and it said "Sports Tourist" in gold lettering. I could never find out who made it, but I was thinking Columbia maybe. Dont know if that will help you at all. I wouldn't pay more than $75 either.

I too have a Columbia like the one Danimal is thinking about buying, mine's not skiptooth, but identical in every way but that, I think.

Latest posts

Back