Onyx BB going creeeek . . pop.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This started up last Saturday. Every time I peddle it makes a creek then a small pop sound. Over and ovver. Is this the bottom bracket problem I read about?

Since its raining today I was going to tear it apart and greese the bearing if possible. But what problems am I looking for?

Thanks

When you open it up, check all of the cups and races for any pitting or grooves. Also check the roundness of you bearings.

I didn't get it opened up last weekend. Didn't realize I needed a crankshaft puller.

I'm sure its not the seat. Does it sitting or standing.

I'll get it pulled in the next day or two and see. Local bike shop guy said its probably just dry bearings. Guess its common on walmart bikes.

Thanks for the input. I'm sure I'll have more questions once I get it apart.

I did. They weren't as tight as they should of been. But the sound didn't go away.

I did check the pedals. They're really cheapy plastic ones. I guess it could be it. But what's the fixed-cup? Sorry. I'm new to bike termanolgy.

That reminds me. I forgot to put the dust caps back on.

Can't really pi point the problem without a video or in person. Sounds kinda like a problem I had with an old schwinn suburban. The chainwheel/sprocket would move and cause the chain to bind, try to go off track causeing it to pop.

Back