One Day Banana Flip

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maybe a one day flip but a compile of years of parts collecting.
I've had this frame for 5 or so years chopped up the original fork and then recently added this red one.

A yard sale score inspired this build. I spotted this 20" bike at a yard sale on a very busy road after 2:00pm on a friday (WOW), did a whip around ( whip around: pulling a U turn to retrieve an item or items from a yard sale or curb side) and to my suprise this thing was marked $20, I got it and another one (not as cool) for $20 .. Some things are meant to be!!

OK, that seat, those bars and those groovy grips had my full attention and the creativity in full effect!
I had the flaked out silver seat which has the reflector wire attached to it, on this bike at first but decided to use it on a different build instead.
I took another sweet seat and sissy bar I had hanging around and added a bent layback seatpost to give this bike the right ride and feel. I then bolted on the bars, neck and grips straight off the donor bike but it still needed more.
I raided my wheel and tire collection and came up with a good mix and match 26" set that would get the job done.
I then grabbed a schwinn mag crank, flipped the sprocket around to give it frame clearance and added some schiwinn bow pedals and a new bell chain that finish off the driveline.

I finished it up for now by removing the factory decals and added a "Made in Detroit" decal on the front of the headtube.

Overall I'm real pleased with it. Here's the finished bike. Not bad for a quick build.

Not bad at all, in fact I would ride it to the ground, great job!
I think it needs a racoon tail though :wink:

I like the build. hope you do something good with the frame of the donor. I like the 20inchers...

Back