Once again, a Monark Springer fork PROBLEM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is Dave from Monark Forks. There are a lot of erroneous facts here, I want to set the record straight.
The Monark T1 and Monark T2 are the EXACT same fork, the only difference is we use a vintage rocker on the T1, and a HD SS rocker on the T2. EVERY fork we ship out is reinforced, has been for years. We offer a full money back warranty on the fork. We haven't had ANY issues with the reinforced forks, we've sold thousands of them. For those who want verification of this, check us out on Ebay, there has not been onenegative Feedback entry detailing anything defective about our fork.
We stand in back of this product, and we can be reached with any questions M-F 9-5 PST at 310-396-1453.
Our website is www.monarkforks.com

So after reading reviews, and all the negative feedback, I STILL went out and purchased a re-pop springer. It was on sale off of chainganglowrider.com, and I had just flipped some free bike parts on Ebay so I had some spare cash and went for it.

It was 130$ but I really only ended up paying about half of it out of pocket,That is why I took the gamble. I figured that by the way the website was advertising it, it was a new version, they called it the newer "beefed up" version.

Well as you can see, it is absolute trash and not "beefed" up at all, I did not strip this down put I did repaint it, and what I thought were the weld marks are gone now, there is just a gap between the blades and forks.

I had this mounted for about 6 weeks, with maybe 100 miles on it and it is DONE! The steer tube is bent terribly, the right blade is completely disconnected from the upper crown, the left blade is almost there and the crown itself looks warped.

I remeber checking my fork, and it looked fine, we went on a day long cruise and that night when I got home, I noticed that the fork was severely bent fwd. Anyways I pretty pissed off about the whole thing. I sent CHAINGANGLOWRIDER 2 emails already, I hope to hear from this soon. I am not getting my hopes up about anything though.

My recommendation, do not buy this POS.

Here are some pics of the "BEEFED UP FORK"
IMAG1161.jpg

IMAG1162.jpg

IMAG1163.jpg

IMAG1166.jpg
So after reading reviews, and all the negative feedback, I STILL went out and purchased a re-pop springer. It was on sale off of chainganglowrider.com, and I had just flipped some free bike parts on Ebay so I had some spare cash and went for it.

It was 130$ but I really only ended up paying about half of it out of pocket,That is why I took the gamble. I figured that by the way the website was advertising it, it was a new version, they called it the newer "beefed up" version.

Well as you can see, it is absolute trash and not "beefed" up at all, I did not strip this down put I did repaint it, and what I thought were the weld marks are gone now, there is just a gap between the blades and forks.

I had this mounted for about 6 weeks, with maybe 100 miles on it and it is DONE! The steer tube is bent terribly, the right blade is completely disconnected from the upper crown, the left blade is almost there and the crown itself looks warped.

I remeber checking my fork, and it looked fine, we went on a day long cruise and that night when I got home, I noticed that the fork was severely bent fwd. Anyways I pretty pissed off about the whole thing. I sent CHAINGANGLOWRIDER 2 emails already, I hope to hear from this soon. I am not getting my hopes up about anything though.

IMAG1161.jpg

IMAG1162.jpg

IMAG1163.jpg

IMAG1166.jpg

IMAG1161.jpg

IMAG1162.jpg

IMAG1163.jpg

IMAG1166.jpg
[/QUOTE]

IMAG1161.jpg

IMAG1162.jpg

IMAG1163.jpg

IMAG1166.jpg

This is Dave from Monark Forks. There are a lot of erroneous facts here, I want to set the record straight.
The Monark T1 and Monark T2 are the EXACT same fork, the only difference is we use a vintage rocker on the T1, and a HD SS rocker on the T2. EVERY fork we ship out is reinforced, has been for years. We offer a full money back warranty on the fork. We haven't had ANY issues with the reinforced forks, we've sold thousands of them. For those who want verification of this, check us out on Ebay, there has not been onenegative Feedback entry detailing anything defective about our fork.
We stand in back of this product, and we can be reached with any questions M-F 9-5 PST at 310-396-1453.

Back