Olmo Competition road bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran into an old friend I knew when I worked at the bike shop. We got to talking and he is not riding bicycles any more. He offered to give me all of his old road bike parts and stuff. I ended up with an entire truckload full including frames, forks, cranks, bars, complete groups, and more. He gave me this complete bike. It is obviously worth something. It has Olympic rings on the handlebars and some decals. Can anyone tell me a year and what Campy group this has. Original everything. This has sew up rims! I was a dum@$$ and broke the seatpost...I got hasty with it in the vise. It is still rusted in.
IMG_1180_zps3033a03c.jpg

IMG_1184_zpsa8986c89.jpg

IMG_1189_zpsf31238bf.jpg

IMG_1188_zpscdd27538.jpg

IMG_1187_zps78bbc44b.jpg

IMG_1186_zpse27c85e5.jpg

IMG_1181_zps88fb6484.jpg

IMG_1182_zps22689204.jpg

IMG_1183_zps2cc691aa.jpg

IMG_1185_zpscee9bad9.jpg

gave you say?? man thats amazing :shock:

they used to make all kinds of bikes, like the "schwinn of italy" lots . that one is obviously one of their nicer ones.

scrumblero said:
gave you say?? man thats amazing :shock:

they used to make all kinds of bikes, like the "schwinn of italy" lots . that one is obviously one of their nicer ones.

I was in total shock from all the stuff he gave me. I spent two days organizing. Forks, frames, bars, complete gruppos, wheels, tires...He is 69 years old and has been riding all his life, so you can imagine the stuff he saved. He looks mid-fifties, still in great shape. He still works every day driving a bus out to our nuclear facility out in the desert. He said "sell it all on ebay, I just don't want it anymore." He was making room in the shed for his two Harley's. That's where I ran into him, at the Harley Davidson dealership.

yikes on the seatpost! Usually a little ammonia & sometimes shocking with cold air will loosen those up. Gonna find a new home for that bike? Sounds like an interesting score. I love old road bikes.

I am interested in selling it or trading for something. I would like a cool old springer fork. Do you have to have a certain amount of posts to list something for sale? Other forums I belong to require so many posts before you are allowed to sell something.

I don't...I just joined this...I thought I'd been a member for a while, but I guess I was just a lurker. I'm more into old road bikes, so yeah, this is a cool piece in my mind...but I probably do not have any great stash of ratrod kinda stuff (I do have some cruisers, some muscle bikes/parts & a number of 3 speeds of various sorts). if you're serious about a trade or something, shoot me a private message if that's cool. I certainly don't want to be breaking forum protocol.

that bike is worth some money for sure. Vintage roadies go nuts for pantographed parts like that stem.

Back