Old Timer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If only I would of remembered earlyer, I wanted that chain guard lol. I think thats the one my bike takes, mines a 1939 but the drive system on yours looks the same as mine. can't wait to see more pictures of how yours turns out.

Didn't have my camera handy when I started reassembling but I've finished all I'm going to do other than (before anyone asks) YES, the grips have got to go. Just haven't found what I want yet.

100_3303.jpg

100_3306.jpg

100_3305.jpg

100_3301.jpg

100_3304.jpg

100_3300.jpg

100_3299.jpg

Killer custom forks, I love those.
Head light setting is great, I wish I had a hub like that
Congrats on a job well done

Thanks guys for the compliments and based on who it's coming from, it's highly honored. Got a question that I'm sure one of you can answer. I've been gone for a couple of weeks, and get back only to see this feedback meter under my name. How is this to work. When and why do you leave feedback. I know this sounds dumb but so am I. I just don't want to leave feedback to someone because I like his choice of tires used on his build if that's not what it's meant for. I think I know when it's to be used, but I really want to know.

Awesome ride brutha! Diggin' the colors, the fat rear, skinny front tire combo, all of it.

The feedback thing is just that, a way for people, like me, who you've either done business with or, like in my case, lent a helping hand, to give you 'props'. I'm posting mine a couple of minutes.

Chees!

Dr. T

While working on this Old Timer I installed the rear wheel and it was fine (but, dumb me, I had it all the way to the back of the rear wheel stays). After putting it all together, the rear tire is rubbing the frame at the bottom. I've got to add a link or two to my chain to get the rear wheel back more and I'll be good to go. Thanks for all the compliments.

100_3304.jpg

rgallen said:
Didn't have my camera handy when I started reassembling but I've finished all I'm going to do other than (before anyone asks) YES, the grips have got to go. Just haven't found what I want yet.

100_3303.jpg

Great looking bike!

I recently got a pair of blue/grey grips off a Trek Lime that look really nice on my wife's Robin Hood, they might work on this one too.

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/2009/archive/lime

Latest posts

Back