Old Schwinn Traveler Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been working on this old Schwinn. I've decided to strip the paint and clear coat it. It's going to be a single speed with a coaster brake. I'm trying to make it a stripped down simple bike.
DSCF5983.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

hey you stole my idea with the nickels! . . . and i like it. haha. awesome build

I knew I must have seen it (nickels) somewhere. I've seen a lot of cool stuff on this site that I store in my subconscious and then later pull out and think that it was my idea.

Deezenuts. I just found your Hometown Huffy thread and you are correct. The nickels were your idea. I like to give credit where credit is due. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

I glued the nickels onto rubber stoppers with "liquid nails" and then hammered them in with a rubber mallet.

I really like the bare strength of this bike. no pretty paint to slow down the building process 8)

i will have to use your idea next time though, i filed down the outside of the nickel and drilled out the inside of the bars. You took my plan and made it better :wink:

ya gotta luv a luged frame. they make the nices ride. great job.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Wow! :shock:
That is an awesome looking bike! I'm not even a fan of fixies, but that is one great-looking ride. Congrats on a job well done. 8)

Nice bike. The longest ride I ever made was on one of those, from Tampa to Jacksonville in 1978. That is either a 75 or 76 Traveler, made by Panasonic, later they were all made by Giant.

Made some changes. A new front bar and stem and oh yeah a Brooks saddle.
IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

It's a much more comfortable ride now.

Back