Old pretty girls

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OK, I gota admit I like older girls especially when they are bikes. Here are a couple of my latest finds, both pretty girls.

The first is a 1941 Monark Champion "4 Bar" frame saved from being parted out over on the CABE. As soon as I saw the posting I made an offer for all the remaining parts and he took it. When I got it about 6 months ago she was missing the fork, seat, head badge and light. I recently just found a real nice fork here on RRB. Yea, it was a post war girls fork, and had to be cut down but was the right color and patina was a pretty good match. I found the front load headlight on feebay, and stole the seat off a '47 Hawthorne I have to get it rolling. So, I still need to find a peroid correct seat, and the head badge to finish her right.
DSC00213.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

The next old girl I just picked up last week at the Mo-Kan VW show swap meet. As best I can tell she is a '46 (MOK) Murray built JC Higgins Color Flow. It was missing the tank, and again I was able to find one here on RRB. The tank found is a later 50's model but it works till I can find the correct 4 jewel tank. She is also missing the Batwing headlight, but I don't think I will be putting a $300 head light on a $150 bike anytime soon so will have to get creative, thinking I might do dual Rocket Ray Jr's or something like.
DSC00208.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

SWEET FIND MARTY! Both are awesome! I'd be proud to own either of them. BTW, my wife loves the Roadmaster! Rides like a dream! Just swapped out the bars, put a seat on it & cleaned it up.

Hey Marty, I've got a base model girls higgins tank (jet flow i think) like a no frills color flow tank, no jewels or button hole but a decent place to start if you need one. Both those ladies look nice :) Girls in skirts are the best :wink:

Marty...nice to see the girls.I'm going to look at an "old Queen" (girl's Monark) tonight after work.Last friday I had the truck & trailer loaded for the Little Blue River Swap & went by the bank to get some $ when a dude pulls up,as I'm checking & adjusting tie down straps on the trailer load,& asks...'Hey,are you into old bikes?' (Here's you sign!...Bill Engvall). Anywho,he says he has an old Monark in his basement.He called me last night so I'll go lookysee after work...will keep y'all posted...P 8)

Nickinator said:
pretty sure this is the fork that was parted off the 4 bar Monark
Gl.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1942-PREWAR-MON ... 3377574fda

Nick.

Yep, that looks like the O'l Girls original fork to me. To bad, I ask if he had it when I bought the rest, but he didn't want to sell it then, was gona use it on a project of his own or something like that. Guess the dead presidents are hard to pass up!

CCR said:
Hey Marty, I've got a base model girls higgins tank (jet flow i think) like a no frills color flow tank, no jewels or button hole but a decent place to start if you need one. Both those ladies look nice :) Girls in skirts are the best :wink:

Thanks for the offer CCR, but I already got a base model tank, and I'm working on getting a 4 jewel right now. But, will let you know if anything changes

Re: Old pretty girls (updated Pics)

Well the Old Girl is looking a little more like she did back in the day thanks to a couple of Rat Rod Members. First thanks goes out to Nick (Nickinator) for the heads up on an ebay auction that looked like the correct fork for this bike. Well I checked the sellers location with the shipping addy for the rest of the bike and sure enough it was the actual fork. I guess fate was with us to get them back together cause there was only one other bid aginst me and I was able to get it back at a pretty fair price.
DSC00233.jpg

Next thanks goes out to Joe (Yes Honey) who saw this post and offered me a real nice long spring girls Troxel seat at a very fair price. Perfect amount of wear and patina to fit the rest of the bike and period correct.
DSC00234.jpg

Looking a little more like she should.
DSC00232.jpg

Now I just need to find a head badge, and the correct rear taillight reflector. I have a doner lens off a delta jerry rigged to fit and even works, would love to find the original, but not even sure what it looks like. I've seen pictures of two of these racks, nad one other in person and they were all missing the lens. If anyone knows what it should looks like or has a picture of one I would appreciate it.

Nickinator said:
Anytime man :D is the link i sent the right head badge?

Nick.

Thanks again Nick, and yes that link to the head badge you sent is also the correct head badge for this bike, I'm watching it but just not sure I want to pay that much for one in that shape. There was also another brand new repop one on the bay for $85 but I think it was to new and shinny for this bike. I'm probably being too picky? Ha!

10~18 Kustoms said:
Nickinator said:
Anytime man :D is the link i sent the right head badge?

Nick.

Thanks again Nick, and yes that link to the head badge you sent is also the correct head badge for this bike, I'm watching it but just not sure I want to pay that much for one in that shape. There was also another brand new repop one on the bay for $85 but I think it was to new and shinny for this bike. I'm probably being too picky? Ha!
Those are some purty ladies Marty!

Back