Old News..DONE with pics :)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Old News.. update

Nobody ever asks me if I want old Hot Rod magazines :cry: The bike is looking great :wink:
HotRodJen said:
TheFlyingDingo said:
I have a huge pile of old Rolling Stones...I wanted to do something like this with them.

Wish i didnt throw out the pile of Hot rod magazines i had from the 70s/80s

ask around im sure there are plenty you can find , someone just asked me if i wanted 6 boxes full of 70-90s ones i declined i have to many already

HotRodJen said:
TheFlyingDingo said:
I have a huge pile of old Rolling Stones...I wanted to do something like this with them.

ask around im sure there are plenty you can find , someone just asked me if i wanted 6 boxes full of 70-90s ones i declined i have to many already
:shock: ???? DANG nobody asks me that... :cry:

Join the club :roll:
ballroomwrecker said:
HotRodJen said:
TheFlyingDingo said:

:shock: ???? DANG nobody asks me that... :cry:

I really like how this is looking. But Im wondering if your pictures are going to yellow up when you take her out in the sun? Im guessing you could probably find a clear coat that gives UV protection. I once left a newspaper in my back window of my car and over time even the black ink faded away. The paper got really brittle too. I guess your bike is gonna be a guinea pig of sorts. haha

Wow Jen, great idea and looks very cool already! 8)

TommyTwoTime said:
I really like how this is looking. But Im wondering if your pictures are going to yellow up when you take her out in the sun? Im guessing you could probably find a clear coat that gives UV protection. I once left a newspaper in my back window of my car and over time even the black ink faded away. The paper got really brittle too. I guess your bike is gonna be a guinea pig of sorts. haha

Actually a little yellowing would give it some character, Kinda antique looking. Which would fit with the "old news" theme. I'd think that under the clearcoat it would be okay but don't quote me on it.

oh boy am i beat , no progress on the bicycle b/c i was out dancing the night away to WANDA JACKSON , well dancing to the opening bands i should say bc there was no room to dance when she came on :) 73 and she's still rocking , i saw her just last april in viva and 2 other times before that i dont really try and miss up living legends that left such a impact on the music that i love .

but tonight migraine and all i will be working some on the bike , i did throw anotehr color tint on the bike and i love it looks antiqued ! haha photos later :)

alllllrighty people i finshed all what i had to do for the art gallery and shipped it out so now back to focus on this

i did tint the color of the pictures then layered a new layer down and tinted the top of those also but they stand out b/c i didnt tint it in the same way i did the lower level . it really in my opinion look like a kid would have done it in the 50s 60's and it aged a few years i like it alot !

pics after i get out of work !!!!!!!! :) !

Re: Old News.. update 3/1/11

Sweet 8) Hot rodz...but no Harleys :cry: Still kool with a "k" :mrgreen:

Missed a spot... :mrgreen: :lol:

seriously though it looks really good. :D

They look like cool tatoos, I really loke this idea. Now I understand why most guys on this site have a ton of bikes. You just can't make one.

Back