Old Dayton

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sister knows I like old bikes. She got this from one of her junk collector friends and brought this home and presented it to me as a late Christmas present. Really rusty, no dings on the frame of the bike but the fork looks tweaked and there's a good dent on the rear fender and chain guard. The rear hub is stripped, it's a skiptooth. Lots of broken spokes. Any experts have an idea on the age of this thing? What should I look for to help date it?

dayton2.jpg

The basket has to go.

Having a seat clamp dates it as a post war.....before that it was part of the frame. That frame style was used until '47. Nice find!

Heres an original '47 that I sold to rusty513 awhile back. Rat fink..they are basically the same frame. Yours has the ears for the seat post clamp as part of the frame. Easy way to tell a pre-war.

Not as old as I had hoped, but still cool. I'm probably going to wait til it warms up to do anything with it beyond looking for parts.

Back