Old 50's JC Higgans

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats it worth? I think i got a deal.. 10 BUCKS!!!

DSCF1255.jpg

DSCF1257.jpg

DSCF1258.jpg

DSCF1259.jpg

DSCF1260.jpg

DSCF1261.jpg

DSCF1267.jpg

DSCF1268.jpg

DSCF1269.jpg

I Love the rack and the rod things in the front, there coming off.. The rest of the bike is a cruiser now, got a nice rim on the back...

Oh... Yeah me and pops spend enough money in gas running to the flea markets getting the deals we run normally 1-150 miles between saturday and sunday... I dont really like this bike, I wasnt with him when he baught it, I love the rack and truss rod things, Im going 2 paint the rack and polish them rods and put em on my spitfire...

Hey Rickster, Them things on the front are called trusses. It's called a truss rod front end.

if you are thinking about parting out that bike, I would be interested in the chain guard, is the bike a 26 inch? This one I got at the Ann Arbor show doesn't have one.....oooh, I'll buy that front fender too, or the set if ya want. Let me know, eh? Nice buy!

annarboroldbike001.jpg

dont sell it or part it out, put a rear wheel on it and ride it. you said you wanted to have a beater too ride and not worry about it well her it is. hey it even has some cool bicycle licence stickers. i like the tank to. if i was you i would keep it an ride it

put a rim on it, It rides nice, just dont like it, I like schwinns :) Im taking the rack seat chainguard and truss rods and trading my friend for parts

Hey Ricksterr, How would you feel aboot shipping that beautiful frame up to Canada? My wifey wants an old Rat Rod and that frame and fork looks SWEET. How much do you want? :mrgreen:

.... What is somfin like it worth? I want 2 put the truss rods and rack on my spitfire, Idk what it worth

iD rather use the rack and truss rods on my spitfire... Idont really like this bike..

I'm not really sure what the bike is "worth" but I'm sure it's not worth a ton of money just because it's a girls bike. But that doesn't mean that it's OK to part it out either. The monetary worth of the bike isn't even the real issue and you can buy those truss rods aftermarket at your LBS as well as a cool rack off of e-bay. I bought a repro phantom rack for my wifes bike and also a new columbia rack off of e-bay for reasonbable prices. I guess the point is that there are at least two people even in this thread alone that would like to have the bike in one peice. I'm not trying to make you feel guilty. It's your bike and god knows we've all parted out bikes before. I'm just trying to explain what everyone is trying to tell you. Peace!

Latest posts

Back