OK, when's the next RRBBO?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got this cool new (old) frame, a stack of parts, some weird ideas, and it's finally warmed up enough to want to hang out in the garage. :p

whats a build off? is that where we start with a complete bike and see how fast we can take it apart? ohhhh that sounds fun to do

karfer67 said:
whats a build off? is that where we start with a complete bike and see how fast we can take it apart? ohhhh that sounds fun to do
I plan on winning this year. I can take bikes apart like no other. :wink:

No, a build off is a thing where you collect a whole bunch of parts and have an idea of a bike you make from those parts. Then as you put it together, you realize none of your parts are interchangeable, so you must go to the bike shop to get more parts and spend money that your wife reluctantly gave up. Then you proceed to put the parts, new and old together, and need some special tools, also found at the bike shop. Now you beg for the dough and get the special tools. Too bad your wrecked some of the parts by not using the correct tool first. Now you replace those parts while you now live in the garage. As your creation is coming together, you decide you don't like it at all and start over from scratch, with only 3 days until the deadline.

That's a bike build off.

That's not it either.

A Build Off is where you collect all the parts you need, the bike, the wheels, tires, tubes, accessories, paint, EVERYTHING, you put it all together where it can be easily reached and put together. You plan ahead and have everything you need for the build, then on day one of the build, you are so cocky about your preparedness that you do what it says, you put it off. You wait longer and longer thinking that the less time you have to build the more epic this will be, then soon you realize you brought everything to the table except for time, and now it's gone... but hey, at least you got all this stuff together for next year right?

Back