OI OI!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

My name's Dean and I'm 38 and a bikeaholic all the way from the UK :D

In all honesty, I've been more comfortable with bikes with engines up until recently - being a fat bloke doesn't help with the old fitness!!! Anyway, I'm teaching myself all kinds of metal work skills and am working on a motorbike, but, while working in the garage one day, I decided to have a blast at making a pushbike frame as I had an old bike laying about that never got used.

Wow. How much fun is it really?!!!

I'm loving it, still working on the first one, but got another two bikes to play with straight afterwards - another adult size, and one that's for a child. I'll do a proper build thread when I have a bit more time and it's not nearly 2am, but this is how it's looking at the moment

500F5799-1FB9-4D07-8D28-C57ADDC98D61-2460-000002AD2449FF37.jpg

And a short vid of me riding it - you can tell I'm not used to riding a pushbike, click on the picture LOL

I'm pleased with the frame and the bars - especially as it was all done by hand and nothing was jigged up. Since this pic, I've added a brace for strength onto the front downtube meeting at the drive. I've also gone over a whole bunch of the welds to tidy them up, and put some bodyfiller on bits. Now have to clean it all up and spray it!

I did want to put the gears on and working, but at first look, it all appeared a bit hard - so for my first bike I thought I'd keep it simple!

Really hoping to learn some good stuff from you guys, there's some awesome stuff on this site!!!! :D

The stretch "push bike" is awesome!! The ride was cool too. Looks like you might need some higher gears. Anyway..welcome to the rat-jungle!! Lots of good stuff and people on here.

Welcome Dean, is it only us English who call these "pushbikes"? :lol: ..Nice job on your first build, it's good to see a biker getting into the pedal powered side of things. My Dad who's been a lifelong biker cannot understand why I'm cutting/welding/customising old bicycles. He doesn't really see the point if it isn't engine powered haha..anyway, keep up the good work 8)

Will

Bonjour one and all!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I haven't been back onto this thread for a few days, finished off the stretch jobbie, now onto the 'Choppacycle No.2' (it's in the builds from scratch bit).

Little_Will said:
Welcome Dean, is it only us English who call these "pushbikes"? :lol: ..Nice job on your first build, it's good to see a biker getting into the pedal powered side of things. My Dad who's been a lifelong biker cannot understand why I'm cutting/welding/customising old bicycles. He doesn't really see the point if it isn't engine powered haha..anyway, keep up the good work 8)

Will

oleskool said:
oioi savaloy ace build !
nice 2 c someone elsefrom the uk and ye Little_Will i totally agree :D

Cheers chaps! I don't really know anything of the non-motorised scene here in the UK so it's all a bit new! Bloody good fun getting stuck in though :D

Hey fella, wherebouts in the UK are you? If it's not too far I'd be interested in checking out the stretched, and while I'm no fabricator I can make a bike work no problems :D.

and yep, I think 'Push Bike' is a British thing, dunno why though.

Back