Odd colored schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
This may be a long shot and also in the wrong category. But here goes. I saved this pic of a schwinn either here or at thecabe. I have a similar schwinn that I'd like to restore/distress with the same color scheme. I'm hoping somebody has more pics and info of this bike. I need better pics or better info in order to match the colors. Obviously the black is just gloss black that I will likely underlay with flat black and rub through the gloss to make it look aged. The chartruce is my main interest. I will need to match it at the paint shop. Also, would this color patina to a faded version of the same color or darken from age? Either way I love this color combo and my 48 hornet is going to look like this. It is 100% complete from the original owner but he reainted it in the late 50's-early 60's. I'll post pics of both. Thanks for your help.
SANY0345.jpg
funkycolorsschwinn.jpg

The first pic is the one I have. I also have the other style guard if I decide to use it. It has since received a complete rear rack The second is the desired paint scheme.

I don't think I've ever seen that color on a Schwinn bike before. Find me a pic of any other Schwinn bike that color and then I'll believe it's factory. Special order paint? It looks original...can you confirm it's original paint? Gary

I saw that thread on The Cabe when I Googled "Schwinn custom color"the other day. They were saying that it was a custom color combo in '54 with pale green and black and the scheme could have been ordered flipped. Very rare.

I have never touched the bike, but the members of the cabe who have owned it say it is original. Also I have this same thread at the cabe and another member there has a ladies bike in the same color combo. I believe they call it windswept green. But there have been reports that these colors were available for order, but that it was only in 53-54. I have been messing with a couple of colors, but haven't found a good match yet. I have put both colors on a black chainguard to show them together. I will post it here soon for opinions.

Back