OCC Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently building an OCC Schwinn stingray. I picked it up last year at the Pomona swap meet for $40. I've been working on it and I'm down to the brakes. Part of the rear brakes were on the bike and part was not. I'm looking for a picture of what the brakes are supposed to look like when completed. I've tried Google but I can't find anything. So if anybody has a photo of how it's supposed to go together or they have one and could let me know I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much
20220706_164240_HDR.jpg
20220718_180431_HDR.jpg
20220715_181844_HDR~2.jpg

I believe they are I've just never worked on a bike with those before. I was just trying to find a picture of what it's supposed to actually look like together

I believe they are I've just never worked on a bike with those before. I was just trying to find a picture of what it's supposed to actually look like together
Should be hardware on this side with to connect the cable to.
20230606_104446.jpg

20230606_104437.jpg
and a noodle on this side that the brake cable housimg.comes to.
20230606_104510.jpg

This one being electric, could also add a band brake to the hub.

Should be hardware on this side with to connect the cable to.
View attachment 235676
View attachment 235678and a noodle on this side that the brake cable housimg.comes to.
View attachment 235677
This one being electric, could also add a band brake to the hub.
Okay that's exactly what my arms look like. I have nothing connecting the two though and like I said I've never operated on brakes like this before on a bike I've done center pull side pull and disc but never the v. Thanks for the pics though

Should look like this only a lot wider.
20230606_113540.jpg

I picked up enuff of these noodle kits from Amazon for 8 bikes, less than 8 bucks to my door.

32 Pieces Bike Brake Noodle Cable Bicycle Cycling Brake Pipe with Rubber Boots for Mountain Bike Bicycle Accessories https://a.co/d/7rUbZHE

Okay that's exactly what my arms look like. I have nothing connecting the two though and like I said I've never operated on brakes like this before on a bike I've done center pull side pull and disc but never the v. Thanks for the pics though

Should look like this only a lot wider.
View attachment 235679
I picked up enuff of these noodle kits from Amazon for 8 bikes, less than 8 bucks to my door.

32 Pieces Bike Brake Noodle Cable Bicycle Cycling Brake Pipe with Rubber Boots for Mountain Bike Bicycle Accessories https://a.co/d/7rUbZHE
Okay so basically I could just get a regular set of brakes like this and by adjusting the cable to be a little longer would make up for the width of that fat rear tire. Am I correct in that? I appreciate any help I can get I'm not afraid to ask people that know more than I do.

Okay so basically I could just get a regular set of brakes like this and by adjusting the cable to be a little longer would make up for the width of that fat rear tire. Am I correct in that? I appreciate any help I can get I'm not afraid to ask people that know more than I do.
I believe so. When I had this one running I picked up the longer brake pads to add as much braking power as possible.

Hello Toonman, here is a Pic of the setup from my OCC Schwinn I am in the middle of working on. Actually stalled out on. But, I got a line on a place to weld for me so I am back in business! I hope this helps in your endeavors.

Attachments

• 20230610_094743.jpg
    9.1 MB · Views: 0
Hello Toonman, here is a Pic of the setup from my OCC Schwinn I am in the middle of working on. Actually stalled out on. But, I got a line on a place to weld for me so I am back in business! I hope this helps in your endeavors.
I'm not able to see the photo

Latest posts

Back