OCC Schwinn Stingray (rider with new brake)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i used a piece of 2mm thick steel plate, but its a bit thin as i flexes abit when braking, got some 4mm thick aluminium plate left from the yokes to make a new one.

i'll be ditching the cable brake and using either a hope mono mini or magura louise hydralic brake on the front when i strip it for repaint.

when i build the new one i'll post up the plans on here.

i'll get some photos taken at work.

been a while since last update, think its time for one.

not much done on the 'ray as i've had other projects to finish off, but now they're done i'll get back to this one over next few weeks..

only change will be a hydralic front brake with smaller rotor and the band brake will go onto the rear.

Re: OCC Schwinn Stingray modding time

ollyb83 said:
these are the two screw on mounts i have for the front disc.

17102011714.jpg
hey where can you find these? unless you made them :lol:
i have a occ build going on right now myself..
been put on pause though need money for restoring my 73' 5ps stingray :mrgreen:

i've had these mounts lurking in my tool box for a few years, came off a cheap disc braked mtb.

i seem to remember seeing a link to a shop that makes them on here somewhere, if i find it i'll link here.

i did manage to fit one to the standard stingray front wheel, but had to drill mounting holes in the flange on the hub and used one of the rotor mounts with the threads removed, i'll sort out some photos soon.

Back