OCC-based Kustom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...aka the FaTT Ray.I did this one a few years back. Still one of my favorites to ride now.

Started out like this, with straight MTB bars, layback seat post, cruiser seat, chopped pedals (as they were originally, I can't ride them):

DSCF0035.JPG

Here it is with 11.5" top tube stretch; new lower tube with gooseneck bend (fork tube from a wrecked Harley); re-worked triple trees for additional space to allow for 4.25" wide front wheel and tire; custom-chopped and widened bars (repro of original StingRay mini-apes).

DSCF0121rs.jpg

DSCF0122rs.jpg

DSCF0123rs.jpg

DSCF0124rs.jpg

And the finished product.

DSCF0129.jpg

DSCF0130.jpg

DSCF0131.jpg

DSCF0132.jpg

DSCF0134.jpg

DSCF0135.jpg

DSCF0137.jpg

DSCF0138.jpg

DSCF0140.jpg

yeah, thats how they should of been done. :lol: . great build nice work.

Outlaw 8)

I like the wide front wheel!I just finished a streched occ stingray myself, these bikes are fun and ride well to! :mrgreen:

Beautiful! I bet this thing eats beach sand no problem. Good Job!

id like to know how you got a smaller seatpost in the frame.
where did you get a shim? or how did you make one?

'ps: i dont have a welder so advanced fabrication isnt an option at this time :['

I love the work you did on this bike.
These OCC Rays have really given themselves to a lot of great builds here on RRB.
I actually run a WANTED ad on my local CL looking for scrap ones.

Here is what I did with two back OCC back ends, Harley tires, and a Dahon folder.

IMG_2558.jpg

iven said:
id like to know how you got a smaller seatpost in the frame.
where did you get a shim? or how did you make one?

'ps: i dont have a welder so advanced fabrication isnt an option at this time :['

I used a 31.8mm shim in mine, I think... got it from ebikestop.com
I tried a 1" bent layback seatpost, and it actually bent in the frame after hitting a small bump... and I'm not a big guy! I ended up using a straight seatpost and fabbing an extender out of an old steel MTB bar end.

Back