Obscure Request! Old Registration Sticker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange request I know! But I've been cleaning up my wifes 1960 Tornado and on the rear mudguard I found the remains of a sticker, just the glue really, but you can make out it read ''322 CITY OF POWELL BICYCLE 1975'' I know there are 2 Powells, would there be any records kept from these years that remain? Or are Americans not as obsessed as us Brits at storing such data?? :D :D

Any info regarding the stickers and what they where for would be cool, Thanks :D

When I first started hunting old bikes in the 80's I remembered that the city I lived in used to have bike license tags from the 30's to the 60's. I had the brilliant idea of trying to find the records and then attempt to track down some old bikes by knocking on doors. I went to the city offices and discovered that the records were thrown away in a big cleanup a few years before I started looking for bikes. Oh well. Maybe you will have better luck. Here's one of the old Decatur, IL bike licenses. Gary
003L.jpg

Cheers Gary, Cool idea! My friend did a similar thing with a very remote VW dealer up in Scotland. Thats a very cool license tag!

Latest posts

Back