O Wow do I Loooooove CL!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ad said two coaster brake bikes, 24" male and 26" female, $10. So I figure, I'm gonna do some customizing and I need a 24" back wheel, so why not check em out. Uhhhhh.........I think I got my moneys worth!!!

Schwinn1.jpg

Schwinn2.jpg

Great find. My first bike ever was a Coppertone Stingray, so I always love seeing that color on this site.

Now please show us some pix of that Wildcat in the background. :mrgreen:

Well.....a coppertone seat is on my want list! Anyone got one?? The red one looked all wrong and its now on my 20" rat.

There are hooks that might be for a tank on the underside of the top tube.

I was measuring a few minutes ago and a 26" wheel might fit without the fenders. These rims are fat and the fenders are huge, so big fat 24" tires might be the deal.

The wife is eye-balling the girls 26". Might clean that up first and add some WWs. Get her converted!!!

Sweet score on the bikes..But is that a BUICK WILDCAT in the background ?..... :shock:

can't do too much better than that for the money. good luck trying to fit a pair of 26's into that 24" frame. id try to find a lower profile 26" tire for better chances of a fit. also found a project bike for my wife, but she don't seen all that entheused about it yet. i tell her there are alot of girls out there who'd love a early 60's hawthorne cruiser. all fixed up. i will convert her yet.

I am really trying to decide what to do with the 24" A 24" is kinda small, and I actually don't wanna cut it up, so I'm wondering if those big 24X3 tires I hear about will fit?

some people get all the luck, amazing find i must say, they look ready to roll too

Back