O.D.of Felt Thick Brick & Quick Brick tires?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of running a 24" rim with a 24x3 Thick Brick tire and a 26" Quick Brick tire on a project.....they look almost the same in outside diameter.......does anyone know the O.D. of this wheel combination?

i dont know exact measurements but my 24x3 thick bricks were slightly shorter in height than the 26x2.125's they replaced

Here's a profile shot of a 24x3 Thick Brick in the rear and a 26x2.125 Quick Brick in the front.

DSC_0011-1.jpg

well...it varies a bit depending on what width rim youre going to use(i.e. 1.75/2.215/50mm/65/80mm/100mm/etc.)
but for the most part the thick bricks when mounted are about 3"wide and the quickbricks are pretty much 2 1/4" wide(again depends on what width rim you use....the narrower the rim the taller the tire will be and the skinnier the width. although it only varies about 1/2" from a 1.75 rim - 100mm rim)
hope that helps

I think this pic is an excellent reference photo. The bike has 'matching' Felt rims on it.
If you use Steve's garage door as a point of reference, the Quick Brick looks to be less than an inch taller than the Thick Brick.
While this doesn't provide you with measurements, it may help.
DSC_0011-1.jpg

Cheers!
Dr. T

Thanks everyone......Dr. T's garage door measuring is close enough for me.

I measured a few of my tires with a giant caliper and the actual diameter of the TB on a Felt 50mm rim measures 25-5/8” and the QB on a Felt 50mm rim measures 26-3/8” thereby confirming the accuracy of DrTs door measuring system. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back