number 9 special-latest build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well I bit the bullet and bought a low stretched frame. As I wait for it to get here I sketched out the project. Hopefully it'll look something like this.
number9.jpg

Re: number 9 special-upcoming build

Well the frame came today !Yay!
P8070228.jpg

and I have the seat already...
P8070229.jpg

Its hard to resist the urge to build it up quick with what's lying around, so I threw some parts on to get an idea how it would look
mockup.jpg

Sweet!

Just a little progress report. I had to work today so I missed the rockabilly ride in Lansdale. Feeling pretty bummed out, I took my lunch hour and headed to the local Goodwill Store to see if anyone donated anything usable for a donor, and I couldn't believe my eyes. A generic diamond framed beach cruiser! Three speed shimano hub w/coaster brake, fat alloy rims and all, for a mere $20!The project is back on schedule! Heck, even the chainguard is usable, plus I have a frame and fork for my next project, whatever that will be. Sometimes life's lemons turn into lemonade pretty quick. :D
low91.jpg

low93.jpg

The Atlantic aka the donor
donor.jpg

I also dug out an old plastic tank from the pile of stuff I call back stock that fit inside the new frame. Still haven't decided whether or not to use it...
lowtank1.jpg

lowtank2.jpg

lowtank3.jpg

Tank plate, not tank (IMHO).

Here is the perfect part to put where that tank is. 8) viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18418 :wink: That frame and seat look great together.

Looks good! Where did you get the frame? I'm looking to get one too.

Yo, Daddy-0! Took it for its first ride today. I still have some finishing touches to do, like adding the springer, new tires and getting the jockey shift to work.(note to self-do NOT cut Positron shift cables!)Might have to reverse the stem so the bars are a little more reachable as well. I've heard so much about nothing from another post that I thought I'd try some on the frame instead of the tank. :D
low94.jpg

low95.jpg

jockeyshift.jpg

If this "Positron" deal is simply a brand with linear core sheath(housing, whatever)instead of radial, you can get metal tips for them at most lbs. I've sized quite a few over the years without much problem.

Problem is with the cable housing connects with a clip to both the shifter and the bell housing, and the cable housing has to remain intact and uncut so that the inner cable, which is more like a thick one strand wire, can move back and forth without the cable pushing the housing out of either side.I used a hose clamp to hold the cable housing motionless next to the bell housing and all is good.

All righty! Got the springer on, and added taillights and the front rack. Each day she looks better :D
low96.jpg

low98.jpg

low97.jpg

Still undecided about the Ratfink shift knob.
ratfink.jpg

Back