NokNok

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sometime last year I found this little beast laying along side the road in a pile of garbage. I thought it had a unique look to it so I grabbed it and took it home with me. It claims to be a 7 speed Mongoose Koncept. It is a 20"r but over the next few days that may change.

2006_0104noknok0020.jpg

I call it NokNok because it's been knocking around here for over a year and because it knocks into my shins every time I walk by it. Yesterday my shins took all they could stand and NokNok soon went under the grinder for cometic purposes. I got a little excited and didn't always take the pictures I should have.

I cut off the kickstand mount and found that a 26" tire and rim would fit!

2006_0104noknok0021.jpg

Now things are starting to get interesting! :shock:
I'll try to get as many pics as possible of this build.
Chainsaw

Second bike with bigger wheels in 2 days. I like it.

Nok Nok could be an Urban Assault Bike. Small in stature with lots of power. Short wheel base would be very manuevarble. New fork and a 24" up front.

Chainy, This will be fun to watch as I know you have many wicked ideas.

I threw on some old fork bits to get just enuff clearance for the front tire. I will be using different forks than the ones in the picture.
How's it looking so far?

2006_0104noknok0023.jpg

Chain since we trading.. Maybe i could get u a 26 inch fork with shocks? My buddys got a few still i think I LOVE THIS BIKE! LOL IT LOOKS WIKID!!

DUDE! MAKE SOME FORKS LIKE ON UR BUILD BIKE!!

Thanks Ricky, I've got a bunch of suspension forks already. Besides it's GO HARD or GO HOME on this build! I cut the ends off the springy forks that are in the first pic. I then stretched some BMX forks and cut the top part off. This gave me two longer legs. I then slid them onto the old Springies and got this.
2006_0104noknok0026.jpg

It needs some cosmetics, but you can get the idea. There won't be much space between the tire top and the bottom of the fork bridge.

Ur not using shocks in the frame or fork?! :( Im gonna make one of these

I know where 4 old cruisers are right now I NEED TO GET 2 THESE PPLS HOUSES!!!

Here's where we're at today ...

After taking the shock out, I got the swingarm in the location that made the bike look level. I then found a piece of old bike frame and after a little grinding it fit nicely (with a hammer) into the old shock spot. I welded it in and capped the top with a piece of flat steel
2006_0104noknok0024.jpg

2006_0104noknok0025.jpg

That is perfect. I was gonna say something yesterday about the rake on the fork, BUT I am glad I didnt. I like the big wheels and the short wheelbase-did I say that already.

S.W.A.B- Short Wheelbase Assault Bike.

Cman, or anybody else, Your ideas and comments are always welcomed! I won't necessarily follow them but i don't completely dismiss them either! If I don't use them on a particular build, I usually write it down for future reference. So feel free to SPEAK UP!

The front forks turned out to be just right.
2006_0105noknok20033.jpg

2006_0105noknok20035.jpg

Rmember these from the beginning? Well I took the cross bar off and lengthened it a little.

2006_0105noknok20038.jpg

JIM! UR BRINGING That here i wanna try and ride it!

Latest posts

Back