Noisy Electra saddle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I make it quit its squeaking and creaking once and for all?

I think it's around the front of the seat that makes the mouse like squeaky noises and the springs in the back that make the more robust creaking sounds.

If I need to use oil; how much do I apply, where do I apply it and what kind is recommended to use?

I've had a few Electra saddles and have found that they all squeak at first but eventually get 'worn in' and stop.
I've tried oiling the large springs, but it doesn't help much. I agree that the noise comes from both the springs and where it attaches to the bolt in front.
I bought a new Electra saddle for my Vince, and it took 3-4 months of riding before the noise stopped. Then I noticed a large chunk of chrome 'flaked' off of the back in a very noticeable area. The store swapped it out with another seat from for free, but I forgot about the noise so now I'm back where I started.

Squeak-creak, squeak-creak, squeak-creak, squeak-creak... I've got the same problem with the saddle on my new Electra Vince. I tried oil and it did nothing so I'll try grease next time I take it out for a ride.

Yall might try some silicone instead of oil. It will stay longer...Ear plugs work too. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

^ Yeah...I sprayed some dry silicone onto the all the metal under the seat...didn't really work. Perhaps I should have a sound system installed onto the bike haha.

I tried both oil and silicon spray on separate occasions...to no avail.

I think it got worse some how... :x

I may just drop the whole seat into a vat of lubricant haha...it drives me nuts! (no pun intended)

Back